Re: New TexasCzech BB Member

  • William Jansa
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2004
      Hi, Matt

      My great aunt Angela never married. Actually her father was a
      Roznovak who married Anna Cuba (my great grandparents), but they
      divorced, and Anna took back her maiden name. My grandmother, Lydia
      and her sister Angela, also went by their mother's maiden name of
      Cuba. Of course my grandmother took my grandfather's name (Jansa)
      when she married.

      Bill

      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "rebellous_99" <lennonluv@h...>
      wrote:
      > Bill,
      >
      > Is Cuba your great-aunt Angela maiden or married name? I have an
      > Angelina Cuba who married Joseph Frank Hajek. She is still living
      > per my records.
      >
      > Matt
      >

      > > My Dad, Arthur Jansa is from Taylor. As a kid, I spent my
      summers
      > in
      > > Taylor with my Great Aunt, Angela Cuba, who spoke Czech
      regularly,
      > > and taught us a few words

    • Arthur von Rosenberg
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2004
        Welcome, I also spent summer's in Taylor, Texas. My grandfather Joseph
        Machu was from Taylor/Granger area. I have fond memories of staying on his
        in-laws farm just outside of Taylor; the Holubec farm at Rices
        Crossing......

        Sincerely,
        Frances Machu von Rosenberg
        researching: Machu, Holubec, Reznicek, Ondrasek