Re: [TexasCzechs] Czech Language classes

  • Jake
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 1, 2004
      Thanks Joe. I will go check in Taylor this week.

      Jake
    • Jake
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 1, 2004
        I don't remember seeing it in the last ACC catalog I had,but I may have missed it. Thanks for another great tip Frances.

        Jake
      • tjslansky
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 2, 2004
          Kristen,

          The Bexar Co. Czech Heritage Soc. sponsors here in San Antonio has two levels of Czech language classes on Monday evening from 7- PM. at St. Anthony of Padua Information Center,  102 Lorenz, which is located south of Loop 410 off Broadway.

          We are fortunate at times, as presently we have teachers who are from the Czech Rep, who are students at Lackland DLI studying in the advancement of their English skills.

          TJ
          San Antonio

          Subject: Re: [TexasCzechs] Czech Language classes

          how about in san antonio? anyone know of classes around here?
          kristen

        • Leroy
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 3, 2004
            Kristen,

            Check out our www page, it has info on our language class.
            http://www.czechs.org

            Kristen Koncaba wrote:
            how about in san antonio? anyone know of classes around here?
            kristen

            Joe Janecka <a0010631@...> wrote:
            Hi gang,

            I've been following Frank Mikula's postings with great interest,
            especially when he talks about learning and preserving the Czech
            language.

            Well, Tom Regmund and I are starting up the Czech language classes
            again here in Ft. Worth. Here are the details:

            When: Classes start Tuesday, Feb 3, 2004 at 6:00-8:00 pm
            The classes will meet every Tuesday for 12-15 weeks.

            Where: R. D. Evans Recreation/Community center at 3242 Lackland Rd.
            It is between I-30 and Camp Bowie on the west side of Lackland. Just
            south of Ridgemar mall. More or less at the golf course. Red brick
            with arches in front. There is signage in front about golf only or
            some such, but the director there assured me that all parking there is
            for the community center. We will meet in the South room.

            Cost: The classes are free. Only expense will be your effort. No
            books are required, however, a Czech-English dictionary would be
            helpful. Bring a pencil and paper to take notes.

            This is a beginner's course. I will be teaching the course and I'm no
            expert. I plan to keep it fairly simple.

            For further information, e-mail Tom Regmond at: regmundt@...
            or Joe Janecka at: a0010631@...

            We hope to see you there.

            Na Shledanou,
            Josef

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            To visit your group on the web, go to:

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            Do you Yahoo!?

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • FCP FCP
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 4, 2004
              I KNOW that  the University of Texas at Austin offers Czech Classes ... I am not sure if they can be audited ...you might check it out as a source  ...Also would be interested to know if anyone has info Mrs. Jacobson, she was the Head of the Czech dept in the late 60's and early 70's...She was a great human being and Professor...   Frank Payne (Slovak, Gerhart, Stepan, Tomanec)

              Frances Barton <fbarton@...> wrote:
              Austin Community College used to have a Czech conversation class. I haven't checked a recent class schedule but perhaps they are still offering it. Frances

              Joe Janecka wrote:
              On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 15:51:31 -0600, you wrote:

              I live in Elgin. Does anyone know of language classes in my area?

              Jake

              My son attended a Czech class in Taylor a couple of years ago.  Maybe
              they still have one there.

              http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
              http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/mMKtlB/TM

            • richardgarza1@juno.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 4, 2004
                Hi Frank,
                Mrs. Jacobson died a few years ago. Sorry, I can't remember the
                date. All I remember is that a bunch of CHS members went to a memorial in
                Austin.
                Rick Garza

                On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:17:26 -0800 (PST) FCP FCP <fcp5money@...>
                writes:
                I KNOW that the University of Texas at Austin offers Czech Classes ... I
                am not sure if they can be audited ...you might check it out as a source
                ...Also would be interested to know if anyone has info Mrs. Jacobson, she
                was the Head of the Czech dept in the late 60's and early 70's...She was
                a great human being and Professor... Frank Payne (Slovak, Gerhart,
                Stepan, Tomanec)

                .

                Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
              • FCP FCP