Re: New TexasCzech BB Member

  • rebellous_99
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2004
      Bill,

      Is Cuba your great-aunt Angela maiden or married name? I have an
      Angelina Cuba who married Joseph Frank Hajek. She is still living
      per my records.

      Matt

      > My Dad, Arthur Jansa is from Taylor. As a kid, I spent my summers
      in
      > Taylor with my Great Aunt, Angela Cuba, who spoke Czech regularly,
      > and taught us a few words

    • William Jansa
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2004
        Hi, Matt

        My great aunt Angela never married. Actually her father was a
        Roznovak who married Anna Cuba (my great grandparents), but they
        divorced, and Anna took back her maiden name. My grandmother, Lydia
        and her sister Angela, also went by their mother's maiden name of
        Cuba. Of course my grandmother took my grandfather's name (Jansa)
        when she married.

        Bill

        --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "rebellous_99" <lennonluv@h...>
        wrote:
        > Bill,
        >
        > Is Cuba your great-aunt Angela maiden or married name? I have an
        > Angelina Cuba who married Joseph Frank Hajek. She is still living
        > per my records.
        >
        > Matt
        >

        > > My Dad, Arthur Jansa is from Taylor. As a kid, I spent my
        summers
        > in
        > > Taylor with my Great Aunt, Angela Cuba, who spoke Czech
        regularly,
        > > and taught us a few words

      • Arthur von Rosenberg
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2004
          Welcome, I also spent summer's in Taylor, Texas. My grandfather Joseph
          Machu was from Taylor/Granger area. I have fond memories of staying on his
          in-laws farm just outside of Taylor; the Holubec farm at Rices
          Crossing......

          Sincerely,
          Frances Machu von Rosenberg
          researching: Machu, Holubec, Reznicek, Ondrasek