Re: [TexasCzechs] Czech Language classes

  • Jake
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 1, 2004
      Thanks Joe. I will go check in Taylor this week.

      Jake
    • Jake
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 1, 2004
        I don't remember seeing it in the last ACC catalog I had,but I may have missed it. Thanks for another great tip Frances.

        Jake
      • Frances Barton
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 1, 2004
          Austin Community College used to have a Czech conversation class. I haven't checked a recent class schedule but perhaps they are still offering it. Frances

          Joe Janecka wrote:
          On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 15:51:31 -0600, you wrote:

          I live in Elgin. Does anyone know of language classes in my area?

          Jake

          My son attended a Czech class in Taylor a couple of years ago.  Maybe
          they still have one there.

          http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
          http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/mMKtlB/TM

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Joe Janecka
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 1, 2004
            On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 15:51:31 -0600, you wrote:

            >I live in Elgin. Does anyone know of language classes in my area?
            >
            >Jake

            My son attended a Czech class in Taylor a couple of years ago. Maybe
            they still have one there.
          • Cindy Harvey Neal
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 1, 2004
              Message
              I would be interested in a class in the Austin area too.  It would be nice to have another volunteer teacher willing to lead a class like the one in Ft. Worth.

              Cindy
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 2, 2004
                how about in san antonio? anyone know of classes around here?
                kristen

                Joe Janecka <a0010631@...> wrote:
                Hi gang,

                I've been following Frank Mikula's postings with great interest,
                especially when he talks about learning and preserving the Czech
                language.

                Well, Tom Regmund and I are starting up the Czech language classes
                again here in Ft. Worth. Here are the details:

                When: Classes start Tuesday, Feb 3, 2004 at 6:00-8:00 pm
                The classes will meet every Tuesday for 12-15 weeks.

                Where: R. D. Evans Recreation/Community center at 3242 Lackland Rd.
                It is between I-30 and Camp Bowie on the west side of Lackland. Just
                south of Ridgemar mall. More or less at the golf course. Red brick
                with arches in front. There is signage in front about golf only or
                some such, but the director there assured me that all parking there is
                for the community center. We will meet in the South room.

                Cost: The classes are free. Only expense will be your effort. No
                books are required, however, a Czech-English dictionary would be
                helpful. Bring a pencil and paper to take notes.

                This is a beginner's course. I will be teaching the course and I'm no
                expert. I plan to keep it fairly simple.

                For further information, e-mail Tom Regmond at: regmundt@...
                or Joe Janecka at: a0010631@...

                We hope to see you there.

                Na Shledanou,
                Josef

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                To visit your group on the web, go to:

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                Do you Yahoo!?

              • tjslansky
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 2, 2004
                  Kristen,

                  The Bexar Co. Czech Heritage Soc. sponsors here in San Antonio has two levels of Czech language classes on Monday evening from 7- PM. at St. Anthony of Padua Information Center,  102 Lorenz, which is located south of Loop 410 off Broadway.

                  We are fortunate at times, as presently we have teachers who are from the Czech Rep, who are students at Lackland DLI studying in the advancement of their English skills.

                  TJ
                  San Antonio

                  how about in san antonio? anyone know of classes around here?
                  kristen

                • Leroy
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 3, 2004
                    Kristen,

                    Check out our www page, it has info on our language class.
                    http://www.czechs.org

                    Joe Janecka <a0010631@...> wrote:
[...]

                  • FCP FCP
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 4, 2004
                      I KNOW that  the University of Texas at Austin offers Czech Classes ... I am not sure if they can be audited ...you might check it out as a source  ...Also would be interested to know if anyone has info Mrs. Jacobson, she was the Head of the Czech dept in the late 60's and early 70's...She was a great human being and Professor...   Frank Payne (Slovak, Gerhart, Stepan, Tomanec)

                    • richardgarza1@juno.com
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 4, 2004
                        Hi Frank,
                        Mrs. Jacobson died a few years ago. Sorry, I can't remember the
                        date. All I remember is that a bunch of CHS members went to a memorial in
                        Austin.
                        Rick Garza

                        On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:17:26 -0800 (PST) FCP FCP <fcp5money@...>
                        writes:
                        I KNOW that the University of Texas at Austin offers Czech Classes ... I
                        am not sure if they can be audited ...you might check it out as a source
                        ...Also would be interested to know if anyone has info Mrs. Jacobson, she
                        was the Head of the Czech dept in the late 60's and early 70's...She was
                        a great human being and Professor... Frank Payne (Slovak, Gerhart,
                        Stepan, Tomanec)

                        .

                        Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
                      • FCP FCP