Czech Language classes

  • Joe Janecka
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 31, 2004
      Hi gang,

      I've been following Frank Mikula's postings with great interest,
      especially when he talks about learning and preserving the Czech
      language.

      Well, Tom Regmund and I are starting up the Czech language classes
      again here in Ft. Worth. Here are the details:

      When: Classes start Tuesday, Feb 3, 2004 at 6:00-8:00 pm
      The classes will meet every Tuesday for 12-15 weeks.

      Where: R. D. Evans Recreation/Community center at 3242 Lackland Rd.
      It is between I-30 and Camp Bowie on the west side of Lackland. Just
      south of Ridgemar mall. More or less at the golf course. Red brick
      with arches in front. There is signage in front about golf only or
      some such, but the director there assured me that all parking there is
      for the community center. We will meet in the South room.

      Cost: The classes are free. Only expense will be your effort. No
      books are required, however, a Czech-English dictionary would be
      helpful. Bring a pencil and paper to take notes.

      This is a beginner's course. I will be teaching the course and I'm no
      expert. I plan to keep it fairly simple.

      For further information, e-mail Tom Regmond at: regmundt@...
      or Joe Janecka at: a0010631@...

      We hope to see you there.

      Na Shledanou,
      Josef
    • Jake
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 31, 2004
        I live in Elgin. Does anyone know of language classes in my area?

        Jake
      • delsmaj@aol.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 31, 2004
          Looking forward to it!
          Del
        • Jake
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 1, 2004
            Thanks Joe. I will go check in Taylor this week.

            Jake
          • Jake
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 1, 2004
              I don't remember seeing it in the last ACC catalog I had,but I may have missed it. Thanks for another great tip Frances.

              Jake
            • Frances Barton
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 1, 2004
                Austin Community College used to have a Czech conversation class. I haven't checked a recent class schedule but perhaps they are still offering it. Frances

                Joe Janecka wrote:
                On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 15:51:31 -0600, you wrote:

                I live in Elgin. Does anyone know of language classes in my area?

                Jake

                My son attended a Czech class in Taylor a couple of years ago.  Maybe
                they still have one there.

                http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
                http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/mMKtlB/TM

                 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • Joe Janecka
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 1, 2004
                  On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 15:51:31 -0600, you wrote:

                  >I live in Elgin. Does anyone know of language classes in my area?
                  >
                  >Jake

                  My son attended a Czech class in Taylor a couple of years ago. Maybe
                  they still have one there.
                • Cindy Harvey Neal
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 1, 2004
                    Message
                    I would be interested in a class in the Austin area too.  It would be nice to have another volunteer teacher willing to lead a class like the one in Ft. Worth.

                    Cindy
                    Austin Community College used to have a Czech conversation class. I haven't checked a recent class schedule but perhaps they are still offering it. Frances

                  • Kristen Koncaba
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 2, 2004
                      how about in san antonio? anyone know of classes around here?
                      kristen

                      Joe Janecka <a0010631@...> wrote:
[...]

                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                      To visit your group on the web, go to:

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                      Do you Yahoo!?

                    • tjslansky
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 2, 2004
                        Kristen,

                        The Bexar Co. Czech Heritage Soc. sponsors here in San Antonio has two levels of Czech language classes on Monday evening from 7- PM. at St. Anthony of Padua Information Center,  102 Lorenz, which is located south of Loop 410 off Broadway.

                        We are fortunate at times, as presently we have teachers who are from the Czech Rep, who are students at Lackland DLI studying in the advancement of their English skills.

                        TJ
                        San Antonio

                        how about in san antonio? anyone know of classes around here?
                        kristen

                      • Leroy
                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 3, 2004
                          Kristen,

                          Check out our www page, it has info on our language class.
                          http://www.czechs.org

                          Joe Janecka <a0010631@...> wrote:
[...]

                        • FCP FCP
                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 4, 2004
                            I KNOW that  the University of Texas at Austin offers Czech Classes ... I am not sure if they can be audited ...you might check it out as a source  ...Also would be interested to know if anyone has info Mrs. Jacobson, she was the Head of the Czech dept in the late 60's and early 70's...She was a great human being and Professor...   Frank Payne (Slovak, Gerhart, Stepan, Tomanec)

                          • richardgarza1@juno.com
                            Message 13 of 14 , Feb 4, 2004
                              Hi Frank,
                              Mrs. Jacobson died a few years ago. Sorry, I can't remember the
                              date. All I remember is that a bunch of CHS members went to a memorial in
                              Austin.
                              Rick Garza

                              On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:17:26 -0800 (PST) FCP FCP <fcp5money@...>
                              writes:
                              I KNOW that the University of Texas at Austin offers Czech Classes ... I
                              am not sure if they can be audited ...you might check it out as a source
                              ...Also would be interested to know if anyone has info Mrs. Jacobson, she
                              was the Head of the Czech dept in the late 60's and early 70's...She was
                              a great human being and Professor... Frank Payne (Slovak, Gerhart,
                              Stepan, Tomanec)

                              .

                              Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
                            • FCP FCP