Obituary of Ann Svetlik Ponder

  • rebellous_99
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2004
      Obituary of Ann Svetlik Ponder
      Wharton Journal-Spectator Online

      Ann Ponder

      Funeral services for Ann Ponder, 82, of Wharton, were held Friday at
      Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Church with Rev. Raymond Jackson
      officiating. Burial followed at Evergreen Memorial Park Cemetery. A
      rosary service was held Thursday at Wharton Funeral Home.

      Mrs. Ponder died Jan. 28, 2004 after battling Alzheimer's Diease. She
      lived the past seven years with her daughter Bobbie Hajovsky and
      family in Rosenberg. She was born on July 12, 1911, in Weimar, the
      daughter of the late Alois and Rosalie Macha Svetlik.

      She married Robert Compton Ponder on Feb. 22, 1934, in Galveston and
      he preceded her in death on Feb. 6, 1985. Mrs. Ponder was a member of
      Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Church and the Holy Family Altar
      Society.

      Survivors include daughters and sons-in-law, Lou Ann and Richard
      Vasek of Starkville, Miss., Mildred and David Sanders of Jackson,
      Miss., Jo and Jimmy Edwards of Ethel, Miss, and Bobbie and Tim
      Hajovsky of Rosenberg; brothers, Ray Svetlik and Willie Svetlik, both
      of Bay City; 19 grandchildren, 2 great-grandchildren and 2 great-
      great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her husband, three
      sisters, three brothers and one great-grandson.

      If desiring, memorials may be made to the Alzheimer's Association,
      11251 NW Freeway, Suite 300, Houston, TX 77092; Our Lady of Mount
      Carmel Catholic Church, 506 S. East Ave., Wharton, TX 77488; or a
      charity of personal choice.