Obits

  • Leroy Janda
    Message 1 of 56 , Sep 13, 2000
      CLARA ADAMCIK
      EL CAMPO -- Clara Adamcik, 97, of El Campo and formerly of
      Houston, died Monday, April 17, 2000.
      She was born Dec. 14, 1902, in Roz Nov in Fayette County to the late
      Joseph and Frances Chalupa Orsak. She was a homemaker and a member of
      All Saints Catholic Church, KJZT, SPJST and All Saints Catholic Altar
      Society.
      Survivors: daughter, Georgia Kavanaugh of Tyler; sons, Albert
      Adamcik and Neal Adamcik, both of Houston; sister, Pearl Zurek of
      Wallis; five grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
      Preceded in death by: parents; husband, Albert Adamcik Sr.;
      sister, Effie Schutz; brother, Ben Orsak.
      Visitation will begin 10 a.m. today at Triska Funeral Home.
      Services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday at St. Robert's Catholic
      Church, the Rev. Michael Petering officiating.
      Burial will be at Holy Cross Memorial Park Cemetery. Triska
      Funeral Home, El Campo, (409) 543-5619.

      BEN E. ORSAK
      EL CAMPO -- Ben Ernest Orsak, 91, of El Campo, died Tuesday, March
      28, 2000.
      He was born Sept. 1, 1908, in Fayette County, to the late Joseph
      Vincent and Frances A. Chalupa Orsak. He was a retired truck driver
      at Gulf Oil and a station attendant at Tobola Texaco. He was a
      Catholic and a member of KJT.
      Survivors: wife, Evelyn Tobola Orsak; daughters, Delores Ann
      Herzik of Hallettsville, Paulette Frances Hanks of Victoria and
      Cornellia Marie Messer of Scottsdale, Ariz.; sons, Clyde David Orsak
      of Sulphur, La., and Lawrence Wayne Orsak of Glendale, Calif.;
      sisters, Mrs. Gus ``Pearl'' Zurek of Wallis and Mrs. Albert ``Clara''
      Adamcik of El Campo; 11 grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
      Preceded in death by: parents; sisters, Sophie Huvar, Effie
      Schultz and Olga Baron.
      Visitation will begin 10 a.m. Thursday at Triska Funeral Home
      chapel.
      A rosary will be recited 7 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home
      chapel.
      Services will be 10 a.m. Friday at St. Andrew's Catholic Church in
      Hillje, the Rev. Clement Quainoo officiating.
      Burial will be at Holy Cross Memorial Park. Triska Funeral Home,
      El Campo, (979) 543-3681
    • Rosemary Ermis
      Message 56 of 56 , Jun 6

        Hi Ya’ll,

        Right now I am sewing a quilt top to be hand-quilted for our church feast in August.  Thus, I am busy sewing, ironing, & pinning material and not doing research.

        So next week I will only be posting current obits.  Other Czech obits from ya’ll are greatly welcomed & appreciated.

        Rosemary