Re: [TexasCzechs] Preserve Our Language - Preserve Our Heritage

  • drak vlk
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2004
      Frank, you could not have said it better, I am a 30
      and the only one left in my family in the US that
      still speaks Czech as a first language. My sisters
      feel that ,"when in Rome" and have not uttered a czech
      word since they were 7 and 8 now they are married with
      children and when my wife I speak Czech to our One
      year old son they get upset because they do not
      understand what i am saying anymore and tell me I am
      being rude. i feel that a language is a part of a
      person that should be expressed.
      My son will grow up speaking Czech , German and
      English ,and Cherokee (My mothers Language ) and with
      God willing he will pass it down to his children. I
      live in Arkansas, where the Old Czech Community in
      Booth ,Arkansas is no longer, It was founded by Czechs
      coming from Texas , Not one of the families have kept
      the Language alive. and as for their culture they have
      no clue....Well that is enough of this expressing.
      Take care all.
      John Beran
      researching(Beran,Schillar,Kulhanek, Simek )
      Van Buren,Ar.

      http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/