New Czech Member

  • Pam Crawford
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2000
      My name is Pamela Klimes Crawford. I live in Idaho. My father's name
      is Joe
      Klimes. His father's names was Joseph Frank Klimes. Joseph Frank was
      born in
      Chicago in 1892. Joseph Frank had a brother Frank Eugene (who married
      a Bessie and Josephine) and a sister Mary (who married Andy Nau). We
      have found one of Mary's relatives and would love to find one of
      Frank's. I am looking for any KLIMES who has connection to Chicago.

      I know that Frantisek Klimes is my great-grandfather. Mary Cesal
      Klimes was is great-grandmother. Anna Cesal was my great-great
      grandmother. Martin Cesal was my great-great grandfather. All of
      these people were born in Bohemia, and came to the US. We have been
      unable to find ANY of them in passenger lists.

      In 1895 Frantisek slapped Anna during a fight. She died. Mary Cesal
      Klimes, mourned the loss of her mother, and a year later took Paris
      Green, and died. Two months later, Frantisek killed himself. This
      left my grandfather, Joseph Frank Klimes his brother Frank Eugene and
      sister Mary orphans. We have court records that show the children
      were given to the custody of John Florian by their grandfather,
      Martin Cesal.

      We have reason to believe that the Klimes, Cesal family members came
      to the United States THROUGH Texas. This was written in a letter that
      was sent to the old country.

      Every attempt to find anyone who knows ANYTHING about this family,
      has been met with deaf ears. No one wants to talk. This saddens us.
      We have complete knowledge of our families history in Chicago. We
      just want to find family.

      We would more than like to hear from you.
      Later,
      Pam Klimes Crawford, IDAHO