Re: [TexasCzechs] Intro

  • Nangotoo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2004
      >>In a message dated 12/30/03 5:16:30 PM Pacific Standard Time, ramothus@... writes:

      I have lurked for a little while to learn about this
      group.  While most of the postings seem to be obits,
      members also seem to jump in and share so I hope you
      all don't get tired of my asking questions<<

      Welcome, Marianne.

      I'm Nan from San Diego, CA, so you see that you are among others that aren't directly from Texas.  My mother was born outside of Cuero, TX and was raised in Gonzales.  She and an honorary "aunt" worked their way to CA in 1947 and were planning to work here in So. CA just to see what the area was like.  Mom wound up meeting my dad and she has been here ever since. haha.  Her family has been in TX since the 1850's, though and was from Moravia.  At least you ARE in Texas, close to Czech people and things.  Let your husband know that the polka isn't scary at all. My mom taught us how to do it when we were little and we get some polka music on the radio even here in So. Cal.!  I love the music.  You can't be sad with polka music playing and people dancing.  Your feet just have to move to that music!
      Glad that you are with us, Marianne.

      Nan