Re: [TexasCzechs] Military records

  • Carolyn Theuber Louviere
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2000
      Darlene,

      I am also searching on how to obtain Military Records
      and thought I would share what I have founded. I got my
      first positive lead on who to contact a couple of weeks
      ago and I discovered the following:

      First of all, can call 1- 417-538-4243 the "National
      Archives and Record Administration and
      the National Personnel Records Center" and you
      have to leave them a message telling them what
      type of records you are trying to obtain. I included
      the Branch of Service (like Navy or Army) and then
      leave your phone number and your address.
      ( I told them I was requesting a copy of a death cert.
      from WW II). A few days later I received
      several standard forms in the mail and one was form # 180
      "Request Pertaining to Military Records.

      (Or) You can mail your request to:

      National Archives and Records Administration
      National Personnel Record Center
      "Military Personnel Records"
      9700 Page Avenue
      St. Louis, Mo. 63132-5100

      On the forms it states this is for all branches of service:
      Army, Air Force, and Navy Reference Branches.

      I have just completed my forms last week and mailed
      them to the above address. Bad news is - there is a
      note attached to the forms that it could take up to 6
      months to get a reply. So I don't know for sure if this
      works or not.

      I hope I don't send you on a wild goose chase. But this
      is my first positive response on obtaining any kind of military
      record from any military agency.

      Maybe there is someone from the group who knows for sure.

      .....thanks,
      Carolyn Theuber Louviere
      Houston, Tx
      Home: ctheuber@...