Re: [TexasCzechs] Wellersburg found!!!

  • Diana Proud
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2000
      Hey Darlene,
      I can't believe you found the place, I was looking for it as well.

      My greatgrandfather was born there, his name was William John Weller.
      He married Lizzie Bracken and they had 6 children.  William
      was born there in 1873, he was buried in San Jose Cemetery in San
      Antonio after his death in 1934.

      William's parents were August and Anna Schumacher Weller.

      It's so cool that you located it, I was really beginning to wonder if
      it ever existed.

      Thanks,
      Diana Proud

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 4, 2000
        Diana,

        Apparently my gggpa bought land from a Henry and Josephine Weller. The
        locatin says it was at Vsetin which is right there in the area . And I mean
        right there!! Like side by side.

        Oh and also land from an August Weller.

        Joyce has done alot on the Melnar family. She really has done alot of leg
        work. Her own family goes way back.

        Maybe these are your relatives. I think she said that there was a Rev.
        Weller also. Maybe there is a connection there for you.

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 4, 2000
          Could be, I have no idea.........
          Thanks for the location.
          Continued good luck,