Wallachian Museum at Roznov - Genealogy Research

  • FMikula@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003
      The Director of the Wallachian Open-Air Museum at Roznov pod Radhostem, Mr. Victor Koukal, recently informed us that the Museum houses a genealogy section with a resident genealogist. Frenstat-Mistek, Vsetin, Pribor, Novy Hrosenkov, Jablunka, Hovezi and many other ancestoral villages of interest to Texas-Czechs are nearby.

      For information, write to Victor at VIT@...   ... tho he speaks no English, writing in English is no problem as Victor has his secretary do his translations.

      The museum also has a website but everytime I try to post it the url on the group brings up a msg from Patrick Janis!! So I'm leaving it off till I find out what's happening with the url .... just search for Wallachian Open-Air Museum if interested. It also has an English version.

      Victor and an associate recently spent a month in Texas laying the groundwork for a Texas-Czech Festival at the Museum around July 4th, 2005 .... but more about that later!

      Frank
    • John L. Mikeska
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003
        Frank,

        I clicked on the link in your first message and went to the site with no problem.  Here's the url I copied checking the link again.

        Sir John, Earl of Berkshire
        Sent: Monday, December 01, 2003 3:17 PM
        Subject: [TexasCzechs] Wallachian Museum at Roznov - Genealogy Research

        The museum also has a website but everytime I try to post it the url on the group brings up a msg from Patrick Janis!! So I'm leaving it off till I find out what's happening with the url .... just search for Wallachian Open-Air Museum if interested. It also has an English version.

        ---