Thank you for a wonderful Westfest

  • Jana Vaculik
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2000
      Dear members,

      Thank you to all of those who contributed websites or posted websites for
      the past several months. I was able to use those for the Genealogy website
      list at Westfest this weekend. The list was a success with people who did
      not know where to begin with finding their ancestors or were stuck and a few
      websites help them. By Sunday we even ran out but maybe next year will add
      some more websites and information and make more copies.

      This year's Westfest was not as crowded because of the temperatures were
      over 100 degrees but we helped many people out. Our dream is to have them
      build a separate air conditioned building for all of the cultural exhibits
      and genealogy so we could have computers and a COPY MACHINE. So until they
      decided to spend money for it we have to make do with what we had in the
      warm amphitheater.

      One of the things the people asked about was passenger lists from other
      states or for years during or after WW I for New York and other places. We
      had to tell them that the lists which we had was only for Texas and for the
      given years. Also spelling variations of people's names also confused
      people.

      Thanks again and hope to see you next year,
      Jana M. Vaculik

      http://profiles.msn.com
    • Richard Kotrla
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 7, 2000
        Jana,

        This is a late reply, but I am excited your event was awesome.

        Like others, I wish I could have made it to West.

        And I am glad others and myself were able to contribute websites.

        Richard Kotrla

        --- In texasczechs@egroups.com, "Jana Vaculik" <jana_vaculik@h...>