Map question

  • J.D. Kotrla-Chipps
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2003
      http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/europe/cz.htm

      At this site, I select- Czech Republic Maps (Cities)

      Next screen, I type in Vsetin and "Search! and from the choices:

      "Vsetin Obec"

      When the map comes up, I select "Large Map" in the lower left blue border.

      This is the area my family comes from. My question is, in the upper
      right, about 4km north of Vsetin is something marked "Kotrle" with a
      diacritical mark over the "e".

      Does anyone have any idea what this is? Or what it delineates?

      It's very close to the family name "Kotrla", and since my family comes
      from this region, I was wondering if it is related to my family.

      Any help is appreciated.
    • richardgarza1@juno.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2003
        Hi JD,
        Kortle is a now-defunct community named for the Kotrla family
        that lived there. Just north of Kotrle you will note a villaged named
        Ruzdka. Your cousin learned a few years ago that part of his family came
        from the village of Ruzdka. I was in touch with a resident of this
        village some years ago but have not been in touch with him for quite some
        time.
        Good luck.
        Rick Garza
        Sharing. It's what it's all about!
        http://www.texasczechs.homestead.com/

        "CAN SPAM = Don't Try - Don't Buy - Don't Reply"

        On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 23:43:03 -0000 "J.D. Kotrla-Chipps"
        <jdkc@...> writes:

        > This is the area my family comes from. My question is, in the
        > upper right, about 4km north of Vsetin is something marked
        > "Kotrle" with a diacritical mark over the "e".
        >
        > Does anyone have any idea what this is? Or what it delineates?
        > It's very close to the family name "Kotrla", and since my family
        > comes
        > from this region, I was wondering if it is related to my family.

        > Remember: You can alway set your account to Digest Mode for less
        > mail.
        >

        > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
      • J.D. Kotrla-Chipps
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2003
          Thanks Rick,

          I figured the spelling, and location was too close not to be connected.

          Which cousin found a connection to "RUZDKA"? Must mean I'm connected
          too if we're cousins, although, not necessiarly.

          Anyway, thanks again.

          JD