Pratka

  • Pete Petruy
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 11, 2003
      This is an addition to my previous message.
      In Family Search there is a Joseph Pratka that married Theresa Dobecka on 22 Aug 1887.  She evidently was the widow of a Dobecka as the first four children in the 1900 Census have the last name Dobecka.  I was in error in my previous message.
      This seems to make the Census listing more than a possibility, more of a probabilty!
      Joseph came to US in 1870, Theresa in 1868.  The further back in time you go, the more th Czech names are mangled in the Census.  Hope this helps.
      Carla Petruy