White Wine--Need Translation

  • Susan Rektorik Henley
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2003
      Okay, my friend in the CR found the words in Czech to the Moravian folk song, White Wine. I am sharing them here. Will someone please translate them? I am trying but it will take me forever.

      Dekuju,

      Susan

      Vinecko bile
      ------------
      (written by Fanos Mikulecky)

      C   G7    C         F     C
      Vinecko bile, si od mej mile,
          C            F       G7   C   G7    C
      |: budu ta pit, co budu zit, vínecko bile. :|

      Vínecko rude, si od tej druhe,
      |: budu ta pit, co budu zit, vínecko rude. :|

      Vinecka obe, frajarky moje,
      |: budu vas pit, co budu zit, vinecka obe. :|

      If you wish to hear the melody as well, go to:
      http://web.redbox.cz/leco/texty/vineckobile.html

    • Frances Barton

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 4, 2003
          Could your buddy be Col. Gallager from Prague? We sent him the words
          about a week ago.
          1. Vínecko bílé, si od mé milé,
          Wine white, you are from my love.

          budu ta pít, co budu zít, vínecko bílé,
          I will drink you, as long as I live, wine white

          budu ta pít, co budu zit, vínecko bílé.

          2. Vínecko rudé, si od té druhé,
          Wine red, you are from my other,

          budu ta pít, co budu zít, vínecko rudé,
          I will drink you, as long as I live, wine red

          budu ta pít, co budu zít, vínecko rudé.

          3. Vínecka obe, frajárky moje,
          Wines both, dandies of mine,

          budu vás pít, co budu zít, vínecka obe,
          I will drink you, as long as I live, wines both.

          budu vás pít, co budu zít, vínecka obe.

          __

          Na Shledanou,