Re: [TexasCzechs] 1882 Moravia map

  • Robert J Bacak
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2000
      Richard
      I was refering Frenstat on the1882 map or did it
      have a different name at that time?
      Robert

      On Wed, 30 Aug 2000 13:13:48 -0500 Richard Garza <richardgarza1@...>
      writes:

      > Robert,
      > Use the following link to find the village. Be sure to
      > select
      > Czechoslovakia for the country.
      > Then click on the town name to go to a map.
      >
      > Sharing. It's What It's All About!
      > Rick Garza
      > NameSearch: GARZA, ZATTLER, REYNA, FOSTER, SCHACHTNER, STOPFER,
      > HOLLMAIER, VOGEL, VOGL, WEINZIERL, FINK
      >
      > On Wed, 30 Aug 2000 11:53:29 -0500 Robert J Bacak <rjbacak@...>
      > writes:
      > > -------------------------- eGroups Sponsor
      > >
      > > Listers
      > > What part of Moravia would city of Frenstat be
      > > located at that time?
      > > Robert J

      Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
    • Leroy Janda
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 30, 2000
        You will on a lot of maps see the germanized word for Frenstat Frenstadt
        or something like that, mainly on german maps. Prague is the germanized
        version of Praha, all the road signs in C.R. say PRAHA.

        writes:

        > Robert,
        > Use the following link to find the village. Be sure
        > select
        > Czechoslovakia for the country.
        > Then click on the town name to go to a map.
        >
        > Sharing. It's What It's All About!
        > Rick Garza
        > NameSearch: GARZA, ZATTLER, REYNA, FOSTER, SCHACHTNER,
        STOPFER,
        > HOLLMAIER, VOGEL, VOGL, WEINZIERL, FINK
        >
        > On Wed, 30 Aug 2000 11:53:29 -0500 Robert J Bacak
        <rjbacak@...>
        > writes:
        > > -------------------------- eGroups Sponsor
        > >
        > > Listers
        > > What part of Moravia would city of Frenstat be
        > > located at that time?
        > > Robert J

        Billing Concepts Corp., a NASDAQ listed Company, Symbol:BILL
      • Richard Garza
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 30, 2000
          Hi Robert,
          No. Same Fren�tat. Same location in Moravia in the Mistek District,
          under Mount Radho�t.
          . The ShtetlSeeker takes you to a map of the current Czech Republic when
          you click on the highlighted name of Fren�tat.

          Rick Garza