Schillers from Seaton

  • CWarschak@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2003
             Hello Pat.

             Welcome to the group.
             The picnic that you referred to is the annual Church of the Visitation picnic at Westphalia.  It will be held this Sunday, Oct. 5 in downtown Westphalia.  This picnic draws people from far and wide.  The meals that they serve each year are terrific.

             Do you have any knowledge of a Mr. Joe Schiller who used to live in Burlington, Texas (not far from Seaton).  He sharpened saws and was a clock repairman. I had an uncle who was a carpenter and I remember taking hand saws to Mr. Schiller's house for him to sharpen them.  I especially remember the sound of the ticking of the dozens of old mantle clocks that he had all around his house.

             Carroll Warschak
             Waco, Texas