Re: [TexasCzechs] Attn: Joe Janecka

  • Joe Janecka
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2003
      On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 14:06:12 -0500, you wrote:

      >I know I've heard it before, but how again do you get your
      >keyboard to type the Czech symbols?  Can you refresh my memory?
      >Thanks! Julie

      Fairly easy in Windows 98 and ME. Also Windows 2000
      Click: Start|Settings|Control Panel
      Double Click Keyboard
      Select Language tab
      Click Add
      Select Czech from the drop down list
      Click OK
      Select "Switch Languages" method
      Select "Enable indicator on task bar"
      Click OK and you're done.
      Click the icon in the task bar and select either Czech of English

      This is the procedure for Windows XP Pro:

      Click: Start|Settings|Control Panel
      Double click Regional and Language Options
      Click the Languages tab
      Click the Details button
      Click the Add button
      Select the Language from the Keyboard/IME drop down list
      Click OK
      Click advanced Key Settings
      Select keystroke to change between Keyboards and click OK
      Click Language Bar
      Select your choice to show Language bar click OK

      That should set you up. I usually type up a complete list of Czech
      keys in 24 point starting at the top and typing each key. Then the
      same thing with with the shift key held down. I paste this up right
      next to my computer as a keyboard layout.

      If you have any problem, let me know.

      Good luck
      Na Shledanou,
      Josef