Obituary of Alfonse A. Holly

  • rebellous_99
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2003
      Obituary of Alfonse A. Holly
      Victoria Advocate Online

      Alfonse A. Holly

      October 2, 2003

      HALLETTSVILLE - Alfonse Alex Holly, 83, of Hallettsville, died
      Tuesday, Sept. 30, 2003.
      He was born Feb. 27, 1920, in Lavaca County, to the late August and
      Rosie Konarik Holly. He was retired from Weingarten with 35 years of
      service. He was a veteran of World War II and received the
      Europe/Africa/ Middle East Campaign Medal with five Bronze Battle
      Stars. He was a member of SPJST, American Legion, V.F.W., and Czech
      Moravian-Brethren Church in Vsetin.

      Survivors: wife, Viola Marek Holly; daughters, Shirley Ann Kalmus of
      Sugar Land and Diane Marie Scott of Hallettsville; son, Bobby Lee
      Holly of Victoria; nine grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.

      Preceded in death by: sister, Vivian Rose Belicek; brothers, Jerome
      Eugene Holly and James August Holly; and three grandchildren.

      Visitation will be 11:30 a.m. Friday at Kubena Funeral Home chapel.

      A prayer service will be 7 p.m. tonight at the funeral home chapel.

      Services will be 11 a.m. Saturday at Czech Moravian-Brethren Church,
      the Rev. Henry Beseda officiating.

      Burial will be at Vsetin Cemetery. Kubena Funeral Home,
      Hallettsville, 361-798-3271.

      Memorials: Czech Moravian-Brethren Church, American Kidney Fund, or
      American Diabetes Association.
    • Gerri Martisek
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2003
        Alfonse Holly is my husband's half 1st cousin twice removed.

        Gerri Martisek

        rebellous_99 wrote:
        > Obituary of Alfonse A. Holly
        > Victoria Advocate Online
        >
        > Alfonse A. Holly
        >
        > October 2, 2003
        >
        > HALLETTSVILLE - Alfonse Alex Holly, 83, of Hallettsville, died
        > Tuesday, Sept. 30, 2003.
        > He was born Feb. 27, 1920, in Lavaca County, to the late August and
        > Rosie Konarik Holly. He was retired from Weingarten with 35 years of
        > service. He was a veteran of World War II and received the
        > Europe/Africa/ Middle East Campaign Medal with five Bronze Battle
        > Stars. He was a member of SPJST, American Legion, V.F.W., and Czech
        > Moravian-Brethren Church in Vsetin.
        >
        > Survivors: wife, Viola Marek Holly; daughters, Shirley Ann Kalmus of
        > Sugar Land and Diane Marie Scott of Hallettsville; son, Bobby Lee
        > Holly of Victoria; nine grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
        >
        > Preceded in death by: sister, Vivian Rose Belicek; brothers, Jerome
        > Eugene Holly and James August Holly; and three grandchildren.
        >
        > Visitation will be 11:30 a.m. Friday at Kubena Funeral Home chapel.
        >
        > A prayer service will be 7 p.m. tonight at the funeral home chapel.
        >
        > Services will be 11 a.m. Saturday at Czech Moravian-Brethren Church,
        > the Rev. Henry Beseda officiating.
        >
        > Burial will be at Vsetin Cemetery. Kubena Funeral Home,
        > Hallettsville, 361-798-3271.
        >
        > Memorials: Czech Moravian-Brethren Church, American Kidney Fund, or
        > American Diabetes Association.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        > <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=256694.4002236.5216697.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705040837:HM/A=1784493/R=0/id=noscript/SIG=11q7p9e7k/*http://webevents.yahoo.com/universal/intolerablecruelty/>

        > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.
      • George Patrick
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 3, 2003
          Of course he is removed, Gerri. That's why they wrote the obit about him
          (grin)!

          Have a good weekend,

          George
          > Alfonse Holly is my husband's half 1st cousin twice removed.
          >
          > Gerri Martisek
          >
          > rebellous_99 wrote:
          > > Obituary of Alfonse A. Holly
          > > Victoria Advocate Online
          > >
          > > Alfonse A. Holly
          > >
          > > October 2, 2003
          > >
          > > HALLETTSVILLE - Alfonse Alex Holly, 83, of Hallettsville, died
          > > Tuesday, Sept. 30, 2003.
          > > He was born Feb. 27, 1920, in Lavaca County, to the late August and
          > > Rosie Konarik Holly. He was retired from Weingarten with 35 years of
          > > service. He was a veteran of World War II and received the
          > > Europe/Africa/ Middle East Campaign Medal with five Bronze Battle
          > > Stars. He was a member of SPJST, American Legion, V.F.W., and Czech
          > > Moravian-Brethren Church in Vsetin.
          > >
          > > Survivors: wife, Viola Marek Holly; daughters, Shirley Ann Kalmus of
          > > Sugar Land and Diane Marie Scott of Hallettsville; son, Bobby Lee
          > > Holly of Victoria; nine grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
          > >
          > > Preceded in death by: sister, Vivian Rose Belicek; brothers, Jerome
          > > Eugene Holly and James August Holly; and three grandchildren.
          > >
          > > Visitation will be 11:30 a.m. Friday at Kubena Funeral Home chapel.
          > >
          > > A prayer service will be 7 p.m. tonight at the funeral home chapel.
          > >
          > > Services will be 11 a.m. Saturday at Czech Moravian-Brethren Church,
          > > the Rev. Henry Beseda officiating.
          > >
          > > Burial will be at Vsetin Cemetery. Kubena Funeral Home,
          > > Hallettsville, 361-798-3271.
          > >
          > > Memorials: Czech Moravian-Brethren Church, American Kidney Fund, or
          > > American Diabetes Association.
          > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=256694.4002236.5216697.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17050408
          37:HM/A=1784493/R=0/id=noscript/SIG=11q7p9e7k/*http://webevents.yahoo.com/un
          iversal/intolerablecruelty/>

          > > Remember: You can alway set your account to Digest Mode for less mail.

        • Gerri Martisek
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 5, 2003
            There's always a wise guy in the bunch!!!

            Gerri