October - Czech Heritage Month and Famous Czech Personalities

  • FMikula@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2003
      It is here! October - Czech Heritage Month

      Ms Jana Vaculik recently had a great idea for Czech Heritage Month, namely, that each day we post to the EGroup the profile of a Czech Personality who contributed much to his/her own people as well as to the world. Today I posted the profile of Gregor Mendel the world famous genetisist who did all his work in Bruno, CR.

      A number of people whom I contacted also thought this is a great idea to spread info about people from our ancestral land. I will try to post as frequently as I can, but help is needed! During the month of October I urge all of you to locate and post such information ... and if several profiles are posted on the same day ... so what! The more the better!

      As Rick et al always say "Sharing is what it is all about" (maybe not a perfect quote but you get the idea). I like to say "To work for the Cause is glory in itself"

      S' Panem Bohem a Na Shledanou

      Frank