Blahuta/Jalufka/Moravia

  • Susan Rektorik Henley
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2003
      Hello,

      I have been contacted by a person with family roots connected to mine--through Moravia, Texas, and the Jalufka and Rektorik lines. But, I have little info to share as he is beginning his search on BLAHUTA; and, I, too need information on that family. I believe I have seen some posting on the surname. Also, I only have JALUFKA info on the one that combined with the Rektorik one. The info I have is as follows:

      > ... Julius Blahuta Jr. (he went by the name Butch) of Moravia, Texas in Lavaca County.  His father,  was Ira Sr., whose father was Frank Blahuta and mother was a Jalufka by her maiden name.  And, as you know, the Jalufka family was one of the original families who settled Moravia, Texas.  It is our family who owned the Moravia Store for so many years.  <

      If any of you are willing to work with this young man who is just starting his research, please let me know.

      Also, I believe I once was told that there is a BLAHUTA Family genealogy book out there, is anyone familiar with it?

      Thanks in advance for any help.

      Susan

    • texasjoe43
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2003
        Do you have any dates on these Blahutas? My wife's gm was Filomena
        Blahuta who m. Ludvig Vanek and lived in West. Filomena's parents
        were George and Anna Blahuta. I am at work and dont have my Blahuta
        folder with me and cant remember Anna's maiden name. George and Anna
        lived in Fayette County and according to their headstone info their
        dates are: Jiri 1828-1905 Praha; Anna 1854-1902 Praha. George
        and Anna had many children. I forget just how many.
        I have been doing a little research on the Blahutas and there were
        not that many of them in Texas around 1900 to 1920, so I have just
        been saving what info I find. Will be glad to share what I have.
        If there is a published gen book on Blahuta I have not found it, but
        certainly would like to know if there is one.
        Joe David

        --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Rektorik Henley"

        http://explorer.msn.com
      • grektorik@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2003
          Susan,

          There is a family history on the "George (Jiri) Blahuta & Maria Anna Nitrova Blahuta" and George (Jiri) Blahuta and Anna Kolonicna Blahuta" families.  (He married twice).  This book was compiled by William Vrana.  The last address I have for him is 361 Williamson Place, Corpus Christi, TX 78411.  There is supposed to be a copy in the "French-Simpson Library" in Hallettsville and also in the SPJST LIbrary and Museum in Temple TX.  The compilation is pretty extensive with lineage going back to the late 1500's.

          Gary Rektorik
        • Susan Rektorik Henley
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 8, 2003
            >Do you have any dates on these Blahutas? My wife's gm was Filomena Blahuta who m. Ludvig Vanek and lived in West. Filomena's parents were George and Anna Blahuta.<

            Hi Joe,

            Unfortunately, I do not have any more information than that which I shared in the original message. Since you stated that you were willing to share information, I forwarded your response onto Eric Blahuta (the person who contacted me). Hopefully, he will contact you.

            I also sent him info on how to join the group. It really is a great resource.

            Thanks for the help.

            Susan