Re: [TexasCzechs] Hovezi

  • Bea & Dan Rost
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 26, 2003
      The Boros family you refer to - is that surname at any time spelled Baros?
      Bea Rost researching Martinak family/Hornei Becva

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 26, 2003
        Bea, Nice to hear from you. It has been a long time since, we have seen
        each other.

        The correct name for my family is BOROS, (hacek over the S) the information
        from the Opava archives of record list the first person as Pavel Boros born
        in house 46 in 1734.

        TJ Slansky

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 26, 2003
          TJ,

          Jan Martisak (b 6/28/1837) married Anna Kapitan (b approx 9/9/1848).
          Both were from Hovezi.

          Anna's parents were Martin Kapitan and Veronika Trlice, also from
          Hovezi. This info was from baptismal papers they were filled out in
          Moravia before Jan and Anna and son, Jan, came to the US. They settled
          in Vsetin area just outside Hallettsville.

          I may have others as well, but these I am sure of.

          Gerri Martisek
          Friendswood, TX