Re: Ideas Needed

  • rebellous_99
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2003
      George,

      You might first look the individual up on microfilm to get an exact
      death date and county of death. You would want to then locate
      possible newspapers in which an obituary for the person in question
      may have been printed. While there is a lot of information online
      these days, you may not find this obit online. It just depends if
      someone has posted it somewhere.

      Matt

      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "George Patrick" <GPATRICK@a...>
      wrote:
      > Hey Group,
      > If I wanted to find an obit , on-line- for a non-Czech who died in
      1931 in Bell or Mclennan county, how would I go about it? I would
      appreciate any suggestions.

      > George of Austin
    • George Patrick
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2003
        Thanks, Matt,
        It seems to me that much more genealogy research has been done by the Czechs
        in Texas than by other groups. I wish my other ancestors had been as
        interested in their heritage as my dad's people. I'll check out the
        newspapers for towns and cities related to the folks I am looking for. I
        appreciate the help.