Ideas Needed

  • George Patrick
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2003
      Hey Group,
      If I wanted to find an obit , on-line-  for a non-Czech who died in 1931 in Bell or Mclennan county, how would I go about it?  I would appreciate any suggestions.

      George of Austin
    • rebellous_99
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2003
        George,

        You might first look the individual up on microfilm to get an exact
        death date and county of death. You would want to then locate
        possible newspapers in which an obituary for the person in question
        may have been printed. While there is a lot of information online
        these days, you may not find this obit online. It just depends if
        someone has posted it somewhere.

        Matt

        --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "George Patrick" <GPATRICK@a...>
        wrote:
        > Hey Group,
        > If I wanted to find an obit , on-line- for a non-Czech who died in
        1931 in Bell or Mclennan county, how would I go about it? I would
        appreciate any suggestions.

        > George of Austin
      • George Patrick
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 2003
          Thanks, Matt,
          It seems to me that much more genealogy research has been done by the Czechs
          in Texas than by other groups. I wish my other ancestors had been as
          interested in their heritage as my dad's people. I'll check out the
          newspapers for towns and cities related to the folks I am looking for. I
          appreciate the help.