Re: [TexasCzechs] Can someone translate Antonin to English?

  • Frances Kay Nelson
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2003
      Easy,
      Antonin is Anthon or Anthony
      Kay

      Roland Beausoleil <rbeausoleil@...> wrote:
          Hi everybody,

          Could someone translate the name Antonin from Czech to English? I
      came across it recently on Lois Petter Pereira's index to the book
      'Emigration to Texas from the Mistek District Between 1856 and 1900'
      under the Petr Chylek family that emigrated in 1881 from Kozlovice to
      America. So far I've never seen this name associated with this family.
      The 1900 US census shows the following people in this family:

          1900 U.S. census information - Census was for Justice Precint #6,
      Yoakum, Dewitt county, Texas, and was taken Jul 20, 1900. I have a copy
      of this page. Peter was born in Feb 1847 and was 53 years old. He was
      married for 30 years. He was born in Bohemia as were both of his
      parents. Peter, Julia, and their 2 oldest children; Valentine and John,
      all came to the U.S. in 1882. The census indicates that he had filed for
      his citizenship papers but wasn't a citizen yet. He was a farmer and
      owned his farm. Peter could read and write but counln't speak English.
      At the time of the census, Peter's wife Julia and their children
      Valentine, John, Barbara, Verona, Fritz, Gustav, Julia, Anna, Francis,
      Louis and Adolph lived with him.

          Since the emigration record showed that Antonin was born in 1874 he
      was about 26 at the time of the 1900 census so probably had left home
      already but I still haven't seen any trace of him anywhere in Texas.

          Thanks for your help.

              Roland Beausoleil

       Galatians 2:20 "I am crufified with Christ; nevertheless I live; ye not I, but Christ liveth in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith of the Son of God, who love me, and gave Himself for me."

    • Roland Beausoleil
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2003
        Sir John and Kay,

        Thanks for the info.

        Roland Beausoleil

        Re: [TexasCzechs] Can someone translate Antonin to English?
        Date:
        Mon, 1 Sep 2003 11:44:29 -0700 (PDT)
        From:
        Frances Kay Nelson <texasczech2000@...>

> [...]