Re: [TexasCzechs] info

  • Frances Kay Nelson
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 31, 2003
      The only Jalufka's that I found were Johanna ( age 28) Jalufka from Austria who arrive in April of 1881. Her two children wee Agnes (female) age 5 and Alois (male)age 3. There was another female, Franziska Jalufka age 23. Are these the family members to whom you were referring?
      Kay

      "Joshue J." <rebelred72@...> wrote:
      Hello all my last name is Jalufka and i am looking for history on
      the "Jalufka" name i found out that my Grandfathers Grandparents Came
      over on a boat in Galveston. Also My Grandfathers Father,My Great
      Grandfather, was born over the water on there way here to America.
      Any and info i can get is and will be Greatly Appreciated....TY ALL

       Galatians 2:20 "I am crufified with Christ; nevertheless I live; ye not I, but Christ liveth in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith of the Son of God, who love me, and gave Himself for me."

    • Laura Petter Pilgrim
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
        "Joshue J." <rebelred72@y...> wrote:
        > Hello all my last name is Jalufka and i am looking for history on
        > the "Jalufka" name

        Hi Joshue, If you will type JALUFKA in the search window on the
        TexasCzechs homepage at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/texasczechs/
        you will find a number of messages discussing the surname, including
        one of your own earlier requests and one of my messages, plus photos
        of the Jalufka House in Corpus Christi in the Photos section submitted
        by Susan Rektorik Henley. Several of our TexasCzech members have
        Jalufka connections.

        My own connection is through marriage of a paternal uncle (deceased),
        Otto Petter, who married Virginia Mae Jalufka, daughter of Julius
        George Jalufka and Mary Ann Pustjovsky. Julius George Jalufka was
        the son of Ignac E. Jalufka and Agnes Holub. I believe Ignac and
        Agnes Julufka are ancestors in Susan R. Henleys family tree also.

        Ignac Jalufka and Jakob Holub (who was the great grandfather of my
        aunt Virgina's grandmother, Agnes Holub Jalufka) came to Lavaca Co.,
        TX from Moravia, Empire of Austria (now C.R.) in 1874. There is a
        short writeup about the old Moravia General store in Moravia, TX at:
        http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/texasczech/ The store was origianlly
        built by Ignac Jalufka. It was also a saloon and a post office, and
        Mr. Jalufka was the Postmaster until he died in 1920.

        For additional links you might also go to http://www.Google.com and
        type "JALUFKA +genealogy" or "JALUFKA +history" into the search
        window, if you haven't already. And of course there are many other
        genealogical research websites on the internet, such as the LDS,
        Cyndi's, Ancestry.com, Roots Web, etc. Try them all. Good luck!

        Lolly Pilgrim
        Houston, TX
      • FayeLee39@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
          In a message dated 9/1/03 6:09:58 PM, lollie@... writes:

          << http://www.Google.com >>

          Re: the JALUFKA question:

          Lollie the information that you provided on Jalufka is very valuable to me.
          I'm new to the Texas Czech group (San Antonio) and just have been previewing
          information and noting some comments. I've started into the genealogy of the
          Holub (Hollub) family. Your mention of Jakob Holub perked my ears. Jakob is
          my Great Great Grandfather. He came over from Moravia Austria in 1855 thru the
          port of New York and moved into Iowa for a number of years before me decided
          to move to Lavaca county, Texas. Both him and his son-in-law Ignac Jalufka
          founded and started the settlement of Moravia Texas ( named for their wonderful
          country of Moravia CR.) I will review the information in that StoryTellers
          sight more.
          If you have any other information I would be beholding to you to get it. My
          e-mail is
          FayeLee39@...

          Thanks alot.

          Cullis Holub
        • Joe Garrison
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003

            Hi Joshua,

            I am a Jalufka. I have found my family all the way back to Mnisi, Moravia.

            I will get all my info together and see if I can help you.

            Myrna (Jalufka)

            Thank you,
            Myrna (Jalufka) Garrison
            Researching: Jaluvka, Olsovsky, Stavinoha, Atkinson, Holland, Taylor, Powhatten, Hamilton

            >From: "Laura Petter Pilgrim"
            >To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [TexasCzechs] Re: info (Jalufka)
            >Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 17:08:15 -0000
            >
            > "Joshue J." wrote:
            > > Hello all my last name is Jalufka and i am looking for history on
            > > the "Jalufka" name
            >
            >Hi Joshue, If you will type JALUFKA in the search window on the
            >TexasCzechs homepage at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/texasczechs/
            >you will find a number of messages discussing the surname, including
            >one of your own earlier requests and one of my messages, plus photos
            >of the Jalufka House in Corpus Christi in the Photos section submitted
            >by Susan Rektorik Henley. Several of our TexasCzech members have
            >Jalufka connections.
            >
            >My own connection is through marriage of a paternal uncle (deceased),
            >Otto Petter, who married Virginia Mae Jalufka, daughter of Julius
            >George Jalufka and Mary Ann Pustjovsky. Julius George Jalufka was
            >the son of Ignac E. Jalufka and Agnes Holub. I believe Ignac and
            >Agnes Julufka are ancestors in Susan R. Henleys family tree also.
            >
            >Ignac Jalufka and Jakob Holub (who was the great grandfather of my
            >aunt Virgina's grandmother, Agnes Holub Jalufka) came to Lavaca Co.,
            >TX from Moravia, Empire of Austria (now C.R.) in 1874. There is a
            >short writeup about the old Moravia General store in Moravia, TX at:
            >http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/texasczech/ The store was origianlly
            >built by Ignac Jalufka. It was also a saloon and a post office, and
            >Mr. Jalufka was the Postmaster until he died in 1920.
            >
            >For additional links you might also go to http://www.Google.com and
            >type "JALUFKA +genealogy" or "JALUFKA +history" into the search
            >window, if you haven't already. And of course there are many other
            >genealogical research websites on the internet, such as the LDS,
            >Cyndi's, Ancestry.com, Roots Web, etc. Try them all. Good luck!
            >
            >Lolly Pilgrim
            >Houston, TX

            MSN 8: Get 6 months for $9.95/month.
          • Laura Petter Pilgrim
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 2, 2003
              FayeLee39@a... wrote:

              > Re: the JALUFKA question:
              >
              > Lollie the information that you provided on Jalufka is very
              valuable
              to me. Your mention of Jakob Holub perked my ears. Jakob is
              > my Great Great Grandfather.
              > If you have any other information I would be beholding to you to
              get
              it.

              > Cullis Holub

              Hi Cullis. Welcome to the Group!
              I really don't have any other information about Jacob Holub at this
              time as I haven't researched that line yet. If I come up with
              something I surely will share it. You will probably find more
              information through "The Texas Czech Storyteller" webpage by browsing
              the articles and stories by Susan Henley. There are many Czech
              surnames mentioned throughout, but no search engine, so you will need
              to just browse. It will be well worth your time, as she is a
              wonderful storyteller and researcher.

              To help you locate the article about the Moravia General Store,
              first go to "The Texas Czech Storyteller" website at:
              http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/texasczech/ and scroll down to
              "Pertinent Historical Markers" and click on "Lavaca County".
              Then scroll down to "Moravia General Store".

              Have you tried the archive search window for the TexasCzech Group?
              I made to Joshue? Queries placed on the many message boards available
              are a great way to "find" relatives. That is how 2nd cousin, Ray J.
              Bacak (of this E-group), and I found each other. Hi Ray!

              It seems you share a great grandfather with my Aunt Virginia Petter
              in El Campo, TX. If you would like her phone no. and address, let me
              know by private e-mail and I will be happy to give it to you. She
              may
              not know anything beyond her grandparents, but she is fun to talk to,
              and perhaps she can give you some names of other relatives who may
              know something. Good luck!

              Lolly Pilgrim
              Houston, TX
            • rebellous_99
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 2, 2003
                Cullis,

                You might try contacting Leroy Janda of this group, too, as I believe
                he is researching the Hollub name because of their connection to the
                Matula family. I might also add that the obituary for Frances Hollub
                Hajek (daughter of J.M. Hollub and Johanna Matula) and for Johanna
                Matula Hollub are located in the Texas Czechs Obituaries section of
                the following site under 'H':

                http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~alvarez/

                There is also a lot of information on the Hollub family in the book
                The Czech Pioneers of the Southwest by the late Henry R. Maresh,
                originally published in 1934.

                Matt
              • FayeLee39@aol.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 3, 2003
                  Thanks Matt for the info. I have been in personal contact with Leroy and he
                  has given me the complete Matula line and the interface with the Holub's. I
                  will surely look at the other information you have provided.

                  Regards,

                  Cullis

                  researching: Holub, Jurena, Bludau, Pechacek