info

  • Joshue J.
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 31, 2003
      Hello all my last name is Jalufka and i am looking for history on
      the "Jalufka" name i found out that my Grandfathers Grandparents Came
      over on a boat in Galveston. Also My Grandfathers Father,My Great
      Grandfather, was born over the water on there way here to America.
      Any and info i can get is and will be Greatly Appreciated....TY ALL
    • darlenbaker@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 31, 2003
        Hello,

        I have some Jalufka in my family.  Can you give us some more names and dates?

        I hope someone out there has what you need.

        Darlene Baker
        Port Lavaca,TX
        Coufal, Dusek, Pecena, Rokyta, Melnar, Vojtek, Valchar, Marek, Barton, Sugarek, Krizak, Janus, Pustejovsky, Jaluvka, Michalik, Mikulencak, Balusek, Machac, Mucala, Trlica, Jalufka
      • Frances Kay Nelson
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 31, 2003
          The only Jalufka's that I found were Johanna ( age 28) Jalufka from Austria who arrive in April of 1881. Her two children wee Agnes (female) age 5 and Alois (male)age 3. There was another female, Franziska Jalufka age 23. Are these the family members to whom you were referring?
          Kay

          "Joshue J." <rebelred72@...> wrote:
          Hello all my last name is Jalufka and i am looking for history on
          the "Jalufka" name i found out that my Grandfathers Grandparents Came
          over on a boat in Galveston. Also My Grandfathers Father,My Great
          Grandfather, was born over the water on there way here to America.
          Any and info i can get is and will be Greatly Appreciated....TY ALL

           Galatians 2:20 "I am crufified with Christ; nevertheless I live; ye not I, but Christ liveth in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith of the Son of God, who love me, and gave Himself for me."

        • Frances Kay Nelson
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 31, 2003
            I also found this information on the site. Maybe it can help your search.

            1. TexasCzechs - Index to 1910 Census, Fayette County, Texas ��
            Surname index for book Czech Families in Fayette Co. Texas in 1910, published by Czech Heritage Society of Texas, Helen Layman author
              ...Jalufka 224, 309, 314, 316, 318, 320, 321, 357, 378, 382 Janacek 15, 259, 274, 275, 347 Janak 71, 108, 110, 118, 130, 270, 299, 303 Janca 32, 33,...
            53% Sun, 28 Jan 2001 04:34:07 GMT http://www.texasczechs.homestead.com/files/...

            Kay

            "Joshue J." <rebelred72@...> wrote:
            Hello all my last name is Jalufka and i am looking for history on
            the "Jalufka" name i found out that my Grandfathers Grandparents Came
            over on a boat in Galveston. Also My Grandfathers Father,My Great
            Grandfather, was born over the water on there way here to America.
            Any and info i can get is and will be Greatly Appreciated....TY ALL

             Galatians 2:20 "I am crufified with Christ; nevertheless I live; ye not I, but Christ liveth in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith of the Son of God, who love me, and gave Himself for me."

          • Laura Petter Pilgrim
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
              "Joshue J." <rebelred72@y...> wrote:
              > Hello all my last name is Jalufka and i am looking for history on
              > the "Jalufka" name

              Hi Joshue, If you will type JALUFKA in the search window on the
              TexasCzechs homepage at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/texasczechs/
              you will find a number of messages discussing the surname, including
              one of your own earlier requests and one of my messages, plus photos
              of the Jalufka House in Corpus Christi in the Photos section submitted
              by Susan Rektorik Henley. Several of our TexasCzech members have
              Jalufka connections.

              My own connection is through marriage of a paternal uncle (deceased),
              Otto Petter, who married Virginia Mae Jalufka, daughter of Julius
              George Jalufka and Mary Ann Pustjovsky. Julius George Jalufka was
              the son of Ignac E. Jalufka and Agnes Holub. I believe Ignac and
              Agnes Julufka are ancestors in Susan R. Henleys family tree also.

              Ignac Jalufka and Jakob Holub (who was the great grandfather of my
              aunt Virgina's grandmother, Agnes Holub Jalufka) came to Lavaca Co.,
              TX from Moravia, Empire of Austria (now C.R.) in 1874. There is a
              short writeup about the old Moravia General store in Moravia, TX at:
              http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/texasczech/ The store was origianlly
              built by Ignac Jalufka. It was also a saloon and a post office, and
              Mr. Jalufka was the Postmaster until he died in 1920.

              For additional links you might also go to http://www.Google.com and
              type "JALUFKA +genealogy" or "JALUFKA +history" into the search
              window, if you haven't already. And of course there are many other
              genealogical research websites on the internet, such as the LDS,
              Cyndi's, Ancestry.com, Roots Web, etc. Try them all. Good luck!

              Lolly Pilgrim
              Houston, TX
            • FayeLee39@aol.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
                In a message dated 9/1/03 6:09:58 PM, lollie@... writes:

                << http://www.Google.com >>

                Re: the JALUFKA question:

                Lollie the information that you provided on Jalufka is very valuable to me.
                I'm new to the Texas Czech group (San Antonio) and just have been previewing
                information and noting some comments. I've started into the genealogy of the
                Holub (Hollub) family. Your mention of Jakob Holub perked my ears. Jakob is
                my Great Great Grandfather. He came over from Moravia Austria in 1855 thru the
                port of New York and moved into Iowa for a number of years before me decided
                to move to Lavaca county, Texas. Both him and his son-in-law Ignac Jalufka
                founded and started the settlement of Moravia Texas ( named for their wonderful
                country of Moravia CR.) I will review the information in that StoryTellers
                sight more.
                If you have any other information I would be beholding to you to get it. My
                e-mail is
                FayeLee39@...

                Thanks alot.

                Cullis Holub
              • Joe Garrison
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003

                  Hi Joshua,

                  I am a Jalufka. I have found my family all the way back to Mnisi, Moravia.

                  I will get all my info together and see if I can help you.

                  Myrna (Jalufka)

                  Thank you,
                  Myrna (Jalufka) Garrison
                  Researching: Jaluvka, Olsovsky, Stavinoha, Atkinson, Holland, Taylor, Powhatten, Hamilton

                  >From: "Laura Petter Pilgrim"
                  >To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: [TexasCzechs] Re: info (Jalufka)
                  >Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 17:08:15 -0000
                  >
                  > "Joshue J." wrote:
                  > > Hello all my last name is Jalufka and i am looking for history on
                  > > the "Jalufka" name
                  >
                  >Hi Joshue, If you will type JALUFKA in the search window on the
                  >TexasCzechs homepage at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/texasczechs/
                  >you will find a number of messages discussing the surname, including
                  >one of your own earlier requests and one of my messages, plus photos
                  >of the Jalufka House in Corpus Christi in the Photos section submitted
                  >by Susan Rektorik Henley. Several of our TexasCzech members have
                  >Jalufka connections.
                  >
                  >My own connection is through marriage of a paternal uncle (deceased),
                  >Otto Petter, who married Virginia Mae Jalufka, daughter of Julius
                  >George Jalufka and Mary Ann Pustjovsky. Julius George Jalufka was
                  >the son of Ignac E. Jalufka and Agnes Holub. I believe Ignac and
                  >Agnes Julufka are ancestors in Susan R. Henleys family tree also.
                  >
                  >Ignac Jalufka and Jakob Holub (who was the great grandfather of my
                  >aunt Virgina's grandmother, Agnes Holub Jalufka) came to Lavaca Co.,
                  >TX from Moravia, Empire of Austria (now C.R.) in 1874. There is a
                  >short writeup about the old Moravia General store in Moravia, TX at:
                  >http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/texasczech/ The store was origianlly
                  >built by Ignac Jalufka. It was also a saloon and a post office, and
                  >Mr. Jalufka was the Postmaster until he died in 1920.
                  >
                  >For additional links you might also go to http://www.Google.com and
                  >type "JALUFKA +genealogy" or "JALUFKA +history" into the search
                  >window, if you haven't already. And of course there are many other
                  >genealogical research websites on the internet, such as the LDS,
                  >Cyndi's, Ancestry.com, Roots Web, etc. Try them all. Good luck!
                  >
                  >Lolly Pilgrim
                  >Houston, TX

                  MSN 8: Get 6 months for $9.95/month.
                • Laura Petter Pilgrim
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 2, 2003
                    FayeLee39@a... wrote:

                    > Re: the JALUFKA question:
                    >
                    > Lollie the information that you provided on Jalufka is very
                    valuable
                    to me. Your mention of Jakob Holub perked my ears. Jakob is
                    > my Great Great Grandfather.
                    > If you have any other information I would be beholding to you to
                    get
                    it.

                    > Cullis Holub

                    Hi Cullis. Welcome to the Group!
                    I really don't have any other information about Jacob Holub at this
                    time as I haven't researched that line yet. If I come up with
                    something I surely will share it. You will probably find more
                    information through "The Texas Czech Storyteller" webpage by browsing
                    the articles and stories by Susan Henley. There are many Czech
                    surnames mentioned throughout, but no search engine, so you will need
                    to just browse. It will be well worth your time, as she is a
                    wonderful storyteller and researcher.

                    To help you locate the article about the Moravia General Store,
                    first go to "The Texas Czech Storyteller" website at:
                    http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/texasczech/ and scroll down to
                    "Pertinent Historical Markers" and click on "Lavaca County".
                    Then scroll down to "Moravia General Store".

                    Have you tried the archive search window for the TexasCzech Group?
                    I made to Joshue? Queries placed on the many message boards available
                    are a great way to "find" relatives. That is how 2nd cousin, Ray J.
                    Bacak (of this E-group), and I found each other. Hi Ray!

                    It seems you share a great grandfather with my Aunt Virginia Petter
                    in El Campo, TX. If you would like her phone no. and address, let me
                    know by private e-mail and I will be happy to give it to you. She
                    may
                    not know anything beyond her grandparents, but she is fun to talk to,
                    and perhaps she can give you some names of other relatives who may
                    know something. Good luck!

                    Lolly Pilgrim
                    Houston, TX
                  • rebellous_99
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 2, 2003
                      Cullis,

                      You might try contacting Leroy Janda of this group, too, as I believe
                      he is researching the Hollub name because of their connection to the
                      Matula family. I might also add that the obituary for Frances Hollub
                      Hajek (daughter of J.M. Hollub and Johanna Matula) and for Johanna
                      Matula Hollub are located in the Texas Czechs Obituaries section of
                      the following site under 'H':

                      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~alvarez/

                      There is also a lot of information on the Hollub family in the book
                      The Czech Pioneers of the Southwest by the late Henry R. Maresh,
                      originally published in 1934.

                      Matt
                    • FayeLee39@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 3, 2003
                        Thanks Matt for the info. I have been in personal contact with Leroy and he
                        has given me the complete Matula line and the interface with the Holub's. I
                        will surely look at the other information you have provided.

                        Regards,

                        Cullis

                        researching: Holub, Jurena, Bludau, Pechacek