Re: [TexasCzechs] thanks everyone

  • Nangotoo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2003
      In a message dated 8/27/03 4:19:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time, txjen444@... writes:

      >>well iam impressed with all the help i received on here...thank you
      all soo very much....i will try some of the suggestions....i feel at
      home here...:-)   jen<<

      Well, Jen,  that is because you ARE at home here and just by your heritage, you belong here.  Welcome and congratulations.  You have chosen a theme for your paper that will lead you to finding your past and you are chosing to do that early in life.  Without finding where you have come from, you won't know who you really are because all of those ancestors you named are responsible for you being here.  Isn't that a great thought?  The more I dig (I've been at this for 30 yrs. off and on) and find, the more I appreciate who the people are who came before me and where I fit in the chain of people.  That's the reason for doing family research.  One suggestion for you-while you are finding things like death certificates and interviewing family members, take a few moments and note the health concerns and/or reasons of death for those who are living and deceased.  We are in a situation where we need to have that info and have been twice in the past.  Instead of digging and trying to remember back as we are doing, it is wonderful for your whole family to have a copy of a "health history" of your families, too.  :-)  I'm glad I have the info that I have.

      Welcome again and hope to see you here a lot in the future.

      Nanette "Nan" Gaither
      San Diego, CA