Anastasia Lev Stryk

  • Ray J. Bacak
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 3 5:52 AM
      Victoria Advocate Online:

      Anastasia Stryk

      E-mail Story to a FriendPrinter Friendly
      August 3, 2003

      Anastasia "Stazie" Stryk, 81, of Victoria, died Saturday, Aug. 2, 2003.

      She was born Dec. 19, 1921, in Praha, to the late Frank J. and Marie Novak Lev. She was a housewife and a member of Our Lady of Victory Catholic Church. She was active in the altar society, KJZT, Christ's Kitchen, Victoria Food Bank, and Veterans of Foreign Wars.

      Survivors: husband, Frank Stryk; sons, Daniel Stryk and Stanley Stryk, both of Victoria, Andrew Stryk of Rowlett, Richard Stryk of Friendswood, and Lawrence Stryk of Richmond; sisters, Cecilia Lev of Flatonia, and Sister M. Roberta of Victoria; brother, Emil Lev of Flatonia; 13 grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.

      Preceded in death by: daughters, Mary Stryk, Stacy Stryk, and Theresa Stryk; son, Frank Stryk; sisters, Mary Okruhlik, Agnes Jasek, and Judith Tofel; and brothers, Johnny Lev and Charlie Lev.

      A rosary will be recited 7 p.m. Monday at Rosewood Funeral Chapels by KJZT.

      Services will be 10 a.m. Tuesday at Our Lady Of Victory Catholic Church, the Revs. Michael Harrold and Joseph Hybner officiating.

      Entombment will be at Resurrection Cemetery. Rosewood Funeral Chapels, Victoria, 361-573-4546.

      Memorials: Rev. Jerome J. Stryk Seminary Burse, Victoria Food Bank, or Victoria Diocese Masses.

    • rednex269
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 10, 2003
        I found one of the names of the survivors may be related... Mary
        Okruhlik.. Do you have any information on her to help me find out if
        this is the person I know?..

        Thanks for your help...

        If this is the person I think it is, I can prolly try to help fill
        in some holes on your family information..

        Joey Sevy

        --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Ray J. Bacak" <rjbacak@G...>
        wrote:
        > Victoria Advocate Online:
        >
        > Anastasia Stryk
        >
        > August 3, 2003
        >

        > Anastasia "Stazie" Stryk, 81, of Victoria, died Saturday, Aug. 2,
        2003.
        > She was born Dec. 19, 1921, in Praha, to the late Frank J. and
        Marie Novak Lev. She was a housewife and a member of Our Lady of
        Victory Catholic Church. She was active in the altar society, KJZT,
        Christ's Kitchen, Victoria Food Bank, and Veterans of Foreign Wars.

        > Survivors: husband, Frank Stryk; sons, Daniel Stryk and Stanley
        Stryk, both of Victoria, Andrew Stryk of Rowlett, Richard Stryk of
        Friendswood, and Lawrence Stryk of Richmond; sisters, Cecilia Lev of
        Flatonia, and Sister M. Roberta of Victoria; brother, Emil Lev of
        Flatonia; 13 grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.

        > Preceded in death by: daughters, Mary Stryk, Stacy Stryk, and
        Theresa Stryk; son, Frank Stryk; sisters, Mary Okruhlik, Agnes
        Jasek, and Judith Tofel; and brothers, Johnny Lev and Charlie Lev.

        > A rosary will be recited 7 p.m. Monday at Rosewood Funeral Chapels
        by KJZT.

        > Services will be 10 a.m. Tuesday at Our Lady Of Victory Catholic
        Church, the Revs. Michael Harrold and Joseph Hybner officiating.

        > Entombment will be at Resurrection Cemetery. Rosewood Funeral
        Chapels, Victoria, 361-573-4546.

        > Memorials: Rev. Jerome J. Stryk Seminary Burse, Victoria Food
        Bank, or Victoria Diocese Masses.

      • rebellous_99
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 10, 2003
          Joey,

          According to Mary Lev Okruhlik's father's obituary, she was married
          to a Rudy Okruhlik. Her father's obit is located at:

          http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~alvarez/TexasCzechs_obits/L/L
          ev_Frank.html

          --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "rednex269" <joey@t...> wrote:
          > I found one of the names of the survivors may be related... Mary
          > Okruhlik.. Do you have any information on her to help me find out
          if
          > this is the person I know?..
          >
          > Thanks for your help...
          >
          > If this is the person I think it is, I can prolly try to help fill
          > in some holes on your family information..
          >
          > Joey Sevy
        • Joey Sevy
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 10, 2003

            I guess I have the wrong person… the Mary Okruhlik was married to August Okruhlik.. Mary’s maiden name is Pokluda…

            JS

            According to Mary Lev Okruhlik's father's obituary, she was married
            to a Rudy Okruhlik.  Her father's obit is located at:

            http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~alvarez/TexasCzechs_obits/L/L
            ev_Frank.html

            --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "rednex269" <joey@t...> wrote:
            > I found one of the names of the survivors may be related... Mary
            > Okruhlik.. Do you have any information on her to help me find out
            if
            > this is the person I know?..
            >
            > Thanks for your help...
            >
            > If this is the person I think it is, I can prolly try to help fill
            > in some holes on your family information..
            >
            > Joey Sevy

          • rebellous_99
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 10, 2003
              It appears that you are researching the August Frank Okruhlik who
              died in Brazos County, Texas, on 8 Apr 1994. Social Security lists
              his birth date as 14 Aug 1923.

              Matt

              --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Joey Sevy" <joey@t...> wrote:
              > I guess I have the wrong person. the Mary Okruhlik was married to
              August
              > Okruhlik.. Mary's maiden name is Pokluda.
              >
              > JS
            • Joey Sevy
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 10, 2003

                Yup.. you using rootsweb as your tool?  Do you have any information on any others working on this direct family?

                JS