Re: What an interesting little book...

  • Pat Mercincavage
    Message 1 of 55 , Aug 3, 2003
      Kay - Thanks for posting those names from the Galveston Seaport
      Museum, but unfortunately none of them seem to fit with my Anton
      Machacek line. It is possible his name could have been entered in
      the ship's log incorrectly, but none of those ages fit for him
      either. He was born in 1856 in Moravia, so he would have been about
      24 or 25 when he came to Texas in 1880. He married in Austin
      County, Texas in 1887, and ended up in the community of Six Mile in
      Calhoun County where the family stayed on.

      But thanks again for checking!

      Pat M.

      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Frances Kay Nelson
      <texasczech2000@y...> wrote:
      > Could it possibly be that they didn't finish out the name and just
      went by Macha? Do any of these names ring a bell?
      > Kay

    • Joe Janecka
      Message 55 of 55 , Sep 8, 2003
        Hi Ann,
        I hope you read this. I have tried to answer your e-mail, but my
        e-mails keep getting bounced back. Error is:

        "A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
        recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es)
        failed:

        jurecka@...
        retry time not reached for any host after a long failure period"

        Is that your correct address?

        Cheers,
        Joe
        http://geocities.com/goodolejoe/index.html