Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: What an interesting little book...

  • Frances Kay Nelson
    Message 1 of 55 , Aug 2, 2003
      Could it possibly be that they didn't finish out the name and just went by Macha? Do any of these names ring a bell?
      Kay

      11/11/1880MACHAJIRI36Mna6GALVESTON,TXnaNURNBERG
      View 11/11/1880MACHAJOHANNA30Fna6GALVESTON,TXnaNURNBERG
      View 11/11/1880MACHAALOIS9Mna6GALVESTON,TXnaNURNBERG
      View 11/11/1880MACHAJOSEF8Mna6GALVESTON,TXnaNURNBERG
      View 11/11/1880MACHAMARIA7Fna6GALVESTON,TXnaNURNBERG
      View 11/11/1880MACHAAGNES3Fna6GALVESTON,TXnaNURNBERG
      View 11/11/1880MACKA (MACHA)NICOLAUS39Mna5GALVESTON,TXnaNURNBERG
      View 11/11/1880MACKA (MACHA)JOHANNE38Fna5GALVESTON,TXnaNURNBERG
      View 11/11/1880MACKA (MACHA)VINCENZ9Mna5GALVESTON,TXnaNURNBERG
      View 11/11/1880MACKA (MACHA)ALOIS7Mna5GALVESTON,TXnaNURNBERG
      View 11/11/1880MACKA (MACHA)JOHANNE4Fna5GALVESTON,TX

      Pat Mercincavage <niptrix@...> wrote:
      Rick,
      Could you tell me please if this book contains a listing for my
      great grandfather Anton Machacek, who came to Texas from Moravia
      about 1880 or thereabouts?  I've had no luck finding him so far on
      ships lists yet.  He was supposedly from the town of Ratibor, in the
      Vestin (spelling?) area of Moravia.  Thanks!

      Pat Mercincavage
      Great Falls, VA
      Researching Machacek, Kracala/Krachala, Svetlik, Reha, Hieronymus,
      Shaw and others.

      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, richardgarza1@j... wrote:
      > Hi All,
      >         I just got my hands on an interesting little book that's
      hot off
      > the presses: "Emigrants From the Southeastern Moravia To Texas
      1850-1915"
      > by Dr. Jan Mikeska of Prague, C.R.

       Galatians 2:20 "I am crufified with Christ; nevertheless I live; ye not I, but Christ liveth in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith of the Son of God, who love me, and gave Himself for me."

    • Joe Janecka
      Message 55 of 55 , Sep 8 5:30 AM
        Hi Ann,
        I hope you read this. I have tried to answer your e-mail, but my
        e-mails keep getting bounced back. Error is:

        "A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
        recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es)
        failed:

        jurecka@...
        retry time not reached for any host after a long failure period"

        Is that your correct address?

        Cheers,
        Joe
        http://geocities.com/goodolejoe/index.html