Re: What an interesting little book...

  • Pat Mercincavage
    Message 1 of 55 , Aug 2, 2003
      Rick,
      Could you tell me please if this book contains a listing for my
      great grandfather Anton Machacek, who came to Texas from Moravia
      about 1880 or thereabouts? I've had no luck finding him so far on
      ships lists yet. He was supposedly from the town of Ratibor, in the
      Vestin (spelling?) area of Moravia. Thanks!

      Pat Mercincavage
      Great Falls, VA
      Researching Machacek, Kracala/Krachala, Svetlik, Reha, Hieronymus,
      Shaw and others.

      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, richardgarza1@j... wrote:
      > Hi All,
      > I just got my hands on an interesting little book that's
      hot off
      > the presses: "Emigrants From the Southeastern Moravia To Texas
      1850-1915"
      > by Dr. Jan Mikeska of Prague, C.R.
    • Joe Janecka
      Message 55 of 55 , Sep 8, 2003
        Hi Ann,
        I hope you read this. I have tried to answer your e-mail, but my
        e-mails keep getting bounced back. Error is:

        "A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
        recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es)
        failed:

        jurecka@...
        retry time not reached for any host after a long failure period"

        Is that your correct address?

        Cheers,
        Joe
        http://geocities.com/goodolejoe/index.html