Svoboda, Hajovsky, Urban, etc.

  • richardgarza1@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2003
      Hi All,
              Here's a message, below, that was in the guest book at my website. Thought some of you on the list may have some of these surnames from Ray's neck of the woods. Can anyone help her?
      Rick Garza
      Sharing. It's what it's all about!
      http://www.texasczechs.homestead.com/

      Holly JoAnnSunday, 7/20/03, 11:09 PM

      Here are the Czech surnames of my direct ancestors: Sudych, Pesl, Charba, Svoboda. Other relatives had the surnames (I believe that these are all Czech) of: Zapalac, Zigal, Zabojnik, Urban, Adamcek, Adamcik, Cernosek, Zimmerhanzel, Vacek, Trlicek, Stavinoha, Hovjesak, Horak, Hluchanek, Hajovsky. My great-great-grandparents, Antonin Pesl and Mary (or Marie) Charba, arrived on Galveston Island, Texas on November 18, 1907. (Mary's parents were Antonin Charba and Juliane Svoboda.) They were from Brno, Moravia. They had at least 7 kids. My great- grandmother, Rosalie Pesl, was 5 years old. They settled in Cistern, Texas. My great-grandmother, Rosalie Pesl, married Rudoph Sudych, probably in the Dallas area before 1930. They had 3 daughters, including my gradmother. If anyone has any information, especially on Rudolph Sudych, it would be greatly appreciated. I've found quite a bit of information on the Pesls and Charbas, but none on the Sudyches. All I know is that he is buried in Castle Hills Cemetery in Dallas and that he died when my grandmother was little. Thanks!

      E-mail: hollyjoann@...
      Did your immigrant ancestors come from Moravia, Bohemia or Silesia?  Moravia

      .