Re: [TexasCzechs] Family Research (Rohan)

  • Steve Alvarez
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 1, 2003
      He came in on the same ship my GG grandfather did.  Except it was New Orleans not Galveston.

      Steve
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 1, 2003
        My ancestors came from the village of Hodslavice in Moravia, CZH. There were over 300 on that ship from the same region.
        Kay

        richardgarza1@... wrote:
        Hi Kay,
                Thanks for sharing. Please, would you tell us what village your
        Josef & Anna Krizan came from? Reason I ask is that the immigrants
        usually traveled in groups, often from the same village or district and
        this may give Ron a clue as to an area in the Czech Republic to research.

                Yes, it is a small world and getting smaller.<g>
        Rick Garza
        Sharing. It's what it's all about!
        http://www.texasczechs.homestead.com/

        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 12:57:51 -0700 (PDT) Frances Kay Nelson writes:
        Believe it or not, that's the same ship, and date that my Grandfather
        Joseph Krizan and his mother, Anna Krizan came into Galveston. Small
        world,
        Kay

        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        Ron Rohan <rfrohan> wrote:
        Richard,
        Thank you for all the info.
        This information is from Leo Baca's passenger list:
        Franz Rohan 26, Austria; Nurnberg, 11 Nov 1880; Galveston
        So I guess the ships name is the Nurnberg.
        Thanx,
        ron rohan
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        richardgarza1 wrote:

        .

         Galatians 2:20 "I am crufified with Christ; nevertheless I live; ye not I, but Christ liveth in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith of the Son of God, who love me, and gave Himself for me."

      • Ron Rohan
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 3, 2003
          The listing was in Leo's New Orleans lists but it stated Galveston as the port of entry. I guess it went to New Orleans first, then to Galveston.
          Ron Rohan

          richardgarza1@... wrote:
[...]
          search on the name "Rohanov´┐Ż."

        • salvarez@pcai.net
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 3, 2003
            Have you found a Galveston ship mansfest for them.
            I have the New Orleans mansfest, but not the Galveston, I would
            be interested in getting the Galveston mansfest exists.

            Steve