Re: Dr Mikeska's visit to TX

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2003
      Well, I'm not related to any Mikeskas in my direct line, but you
      might talk with Sir John.

      Matt

      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, richardgarza1@j... wrote:
      > Hi All,
      > Anyone have connections to the Mikeska surname?
    • Mary
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2003
        I am not related to the Mikeska line, but when I went to school at Abbott, there was two families of Mikeska's there.  To my knowledge they are still living in that area.  Also there are some in the West area, too.

        Mary (Soukup) Holy
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2003
          Mary,

          Last weekend I went to Abbott and met my uncle Willie and aunt Dorothy as well as their
          youngest daughter and new hubsand. My uncle gave me grand tour of Abbott, the old
          homestead, Catholic Cemetary(my grandfather did the iron work as well as designed the
          cross). I went on to Dallas and saw three other aunts and first cousins. My visit was so
          nice, it was hard to leave. I will be coming for Westfest in Sept. so hope to see you there
          if you come. I have never been to a Westfest however I understand that there will be many from my father's family there.

          God Bless
          Johnece