Dr Mikeska's visit to TX

  • richardgarza1@juno.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2003
      Hi All,
              Anyone have connections to the Mikeska surname?
              Attached, or below, is a photo I took in 1994 of the Mikeska dance hall at Wesley, Austin/Washington Co, TX. The hall, re-painted pale green, is now located in Round Top (Fayette Co) and is used for wedding receptions and the bi-annual antique festival in Round Top-Warrenton. Any of you ever dance at this hall???
              While Dr. Mikeska is here to present his research at the CHS genealogy seminar in Corpus Christi, he's also finding time to continue his own genealogical research into the Mikeska family. Seems all the Mikeskas that came to Texas are related. There were originally 5 Mikeska brothers, 4 of which came to Texas, and the fifth, his line, stayed in the C.R.
              Happy hunting!
      Rick Garza

      .
    • Matt
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2003
        Well, I'm not related to any Mikeskas in my direct line, but you
        might talk with Sir John.

        Matt

        --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, richardgarza1@j... wrote:
        > Hi All,
        > Anyone have connections to the Mikeska surname?
      • Mary
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2003
          I am not related to the Mikeska line, but when I went to school at Abbott, there was two families of Mikeska's there.  To my knowledge they are still living in that area.  Also there are some in the West area, too.

          Mary (Soukup) Holy
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2, 2003
            Mary,

            Last weekend I went to Abbott and met my uncle Willie and aunt Dorothy as well as their
            youngest daughter and new hubsand. My uncle gave me grand tour of Abbott, the old
            homestead, Catholic Cemetary(my grandfather did the iron work as well as designed the
            cross). I went on to Dallas and saw three other aunts and first cousins. My visit was so
            nice, it was hard to leave. I will be coming for Westfest in Sept. so hope to see you there
            if you come. I have never been to a Westfest however I understand that there will be many from my father's family there.

            God Bless
            Johnece