Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Czech Costume

  • Leroy
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 2, 2003
      Frances,

      My wifes family is mixed in with the Holland surname from the Burnet County area.
      They know the family well.
      Leroy

      Arthur von Rosenberg wrote:

      > Myrna, The Holland surname you are researching; what area of Texas did they live.
      > My husband's grandmother was Mary Holland von Rosenberg, I am searching for
      > her grandfather Spearman Holland. Waiting to hear from you
      > Sincerely, Frances Machu von Rosenberg
      > >

      > > Thank you,
      > >
      > > Myrna (Jalufka) Garrison
      > >
      > > Researching: Jaluvka, Olsovsky, Stavinoha, Atkinson, Holland, Taylor,
      > > Powhatten, Hamilton

      > > The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE*
      > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      > > Click Here!

      > > Remember: You can alway set your account to Digest Mode for less mail.

    • Arthur von Rosenberg
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 2, 2003
        Leroy, when you stated they know the family well, did that mean the Mary and
        Spearman Holland family? Thanks, Frances

        To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
        From: Leroy <ljanda@...>
        Date sent: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 17:03:19 -0500
        Subject: Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Czech Costume
        Send reply to: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com

        > Frances,
        >
        > My wifes family is mixed in with the Holland surname from the Burnet
        > County area. They know the family well. Leroy
        >
        > Arthur von Rosenberg wrote:
        >
        > > Myrna, The Holland surname you are researching; what area of Texas
        > > did they live. My husband's grandmother was Mary Holland von
        > > Rosenberg, I am searching for her grandfather Spearman Holland.
        > > Waiting to hear from you Sincerely, Frances Machu von Rosenberg
        > > >

        > > > Thank you,
        > > >
        > > > Myrna (Jalufka) Garrison
        > > >
        > > > Researching: Jaluvka, Olsovsky, Stavinoha, Atkinson, Holland,
        > > > Taylor, Powhatten, Hamilton

        > > > The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE*
        > > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        > > > Click Here!

        > > > Remember: You can alway set your account to Digest Mode for less
        > > > mail.

        > > > Service.

        > > Remember: You can alway set your account to Digest Mode for less
        > > mail.
        > >

        > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Joe Garrison
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 2, 2003

          My grandmother was Eula Mae Holland Atkinson. She was born in Liberty,  (East) Texas. I believe all her adult life she lived in Karnes County, Texas.  Her father was Joseph Sheffield Holland, he married in Hill County, TX 1902 and died in Houston.  His father was William Marion Holland of Tenn - and Izard Co. AR. (He was a real stinker married 4 times). I have a listing of all his kids by each wife (well maybe if they were by his wives). None of them were named Spearman. He came to AR from Tenn. he was born 1819.  I do not know his parents or siblings.  If you find a connection, please let me know.

          Myrna