Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Czech Costume

  • Joe Garrison
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 2 7:09 AM

      I am looking for a doll dressed in Moravian costume. My ancestors lived in Mnisi. Would anyone know what the look of that village was?

      Also does there seem to be any ethinic skin, hair, eye color or other features that seem to be dominant from that region.

      I have read about Susan making costumes. I thought perhaps, Susan or some other member could help me find a doll (inexpensive).

      Appreciate it - thanks to all,

      Myrna

      Thank you,
      Myrna (Jalufka) Garrison
      Researching: Jaluvka, Olsovsky, Stavinoha, Atkinson, Holland, Taylor, Powhatten, Hamilton

    • Arthur von Rosenberg
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 2 9:18 AM
        Myrna, The Holland surname you are researching; what area of Texas did they live.
        My husband's grandmother was Mary Holland von Rosenberg, I am searching for
        her grandfather Spearman Holland. Waiting to hear from you
        Sincerely, Frances Machu von Rosenberg

        > Thank you,
        >
        > Myrna (Jalufka) Garrison
        >
        > Researching: Jaluvka, Olsovsky, Stavinoha, Atkinson, Holland, Taylor,
        > Powhatten, Hamilton

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        > Click Here!

      • Leroy
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 2 3:03 PM
          Frances,

          My wifes family is mixed in with the Holland surname from the Burnet County area.
          They know the family well.
          Leroy

          Arthur von Rosenberg wrote:

          > Myrna, The Holland surname you are researching; what area of Texas did they live.
          > My husband's grandmother was Mary Holland von Rosenberg, I am searching for
          > her grandfather Spearman Holland. Waiting to hear from you
          > Sincerely, Frances Machu von Rosenberg
          > >

          > > Thank you,
          > >
          > > Myrna (Jalufka) Garrison
          > >
          > > Researching: Jaluvka, Olsovsky, Stavinoha, Atkinson, Holland, Taylor,
          > > Powhatten, Hamilton

          > > The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE*
          > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          > > Click Here!

          > > Remember: You can alway set your account to Digest Mode for less mail.

        • Arthur von Rosenberg
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 2 4:37 PM
            Leroy, when you stated they know the family well, did that mean the Mary and
            Spearman Holland family? Thanks, Frances

            To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
            From: Leroy <ljanda@...>
            Date sent: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 17:03:19 -0500
            Subject: Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Czech Costume
            Send reply to: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 2 7:59 PM

              My grandmother was Eula Mae Holland Atkinson. She was born in Liberty,  (East) Texas. I believe all her adult life she lived in Karnes County, Texas.  Her father was Joseph Sheffield Holland, he married in Hill County, TX 1902 and died in Houston.  His father was William Marion Holland of Tenn - and Izard Co. AR. (He was a real stinker married 4 times). I have a listing of all his kids by each wife (well maybe if they were by his wives). None of them were named Spearman. He came to AR from Tenn. he was born 1819.  I do not know his parents or siblings.  If you find a connection, please let me know.