Needing Help

  • David Weise
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2003
      I need a little help from the group.

      My great grandparents were Josef Coufal and Anna Steiner. They emigrated from Bohemia to Texas arriving at Galveston in June,1883, Josef was naturalized on Nov. 2, 1886 in Washington County.

      They had nine children born in TX. The first was Albina born Nov. 15, 1884 at Hewette Place ( Burton )
      Washington Co. I  found her in the Czech - Moravian Brethren of Wesley. The story is that she died in Port Lavaca around 1900 but I cant confirm that. The next was my grandmother Mary Stanislova born Nov.25, 1886 in Burton, I didn't find her in the Brethren of Wesley.  I sent off and received a copy of her SS-5 which told  me where she was born.  Next was Minnie born Feb. 15, 1888 supposedly in Washington Co.. Frances born 1891 in ?????. Josie Vlasta born Dec.19, 1894 in Washington Co.. Josef born March 12, 1896 in Washington Co. ( this information is from his son ). Mollie born Feb. 8, 1899 in ??. Rudolph James born  Aug. 24, 1900 in Port Lavaca, Calhoun Co. I know for sure he was born at Port Lavaca.

      What I'm asking for is, for everyone that has access to church records weather it's Czech Brethren, Czech or German Lutheran,  Czech Methodist or whatever in and around  Washington Co., Caldwell in Burleson Co. and Austin Co.. to look and see if you can find these people in any church records.

      I know that I'm asking for allot but any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

      David

    • darlenbaker@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2003
        Hello  David,

        I have an Albina Coufal buried in the Six Mile Cemetery here in Six Mile.  I remember from our earlier communication that you had said they were here in this area.  There is no dates on the stone however.  There maybe on person left here who might know something.

        I need to contact him.  I will let you know what I find out.

        Darlene Baker
        Port Lavaca, TX