Roll Call

  • Denise Dreyling
    Message 1 of 381 , May 7, 2003

      Hi All:

      Here is my roll call:

      Kristynik, John Ike(Kristinek and any variation thereof) born in Texas.  Son of John and Rosina Hafernik(Hefernik, Hefferanick) Kristinik of Austria, arrived Galveston from Port of Breman, Germany January 30, 1971 settled in Fayette County.  Eventually John settled in Harris County, Crosby Texas.  John Kristynik (first marriage to Amelie Mikeska) second marriage to Anna Mary Horak of Fayette, County Texas, daughter of John and Apolina Caroline Zapalac Horak both of Moravia.  John Horak arrived in Galveston, Texas from Moravia through Breman, Germany approximately March of 1856.  Apolina arrived in Galveston approximately 1855.

      Koh, Joseph ( of Hungary) married Johanna Prazak Kapchynskie (of Miescinko, Poland)   Joe immigrated approximately 1889 and Johanna immigrated approximately 1870.  Joe had 2 wives prior to Johanna:  Rosalia ? and Elizabeth ?.  Johanna was married to Felix Kapchynski prior to her marriage to Joe.  Joe’s parents were Franciscus and Catherine Koh.  Johanna’s parents were Joseph and Maria Picha Prazak.

      Other names researching Backer(Becker, Beckar), Foyt, Froehlich, Nedbalek, Merka, Hanus

      Really enjoy the Newsletter.  Thanks for all your hard work.

      Denise  Dreyling

      denise@...

    • wiesner1873
      Message 381 of 381 , Jul 25, 2013
        --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "vmichna" <vmichna@...> wrote:

        > Valorie Michna researching:
        > Michna from Frenstat
        > Sasin from Zabreh nad Odrou
        > Holain/Holan frmn Stara Bela
        > Pitlik from Stara Bela
        >
        > Sorry, I am only 1/4 Czech so my list is kinda short.

        I was going through some old posts on this board and saw that you are researching the Michna family from Frenstat.
        My Wiesner family originates from Frenstat. My g-g-grandfather, Wilhelm R. Wiesner, had two family members marry into the Michna family. My 4th g-g-uncle, Antonin Wiesner b. 1795 Frenstat, married Johana Michna b. 1799, daughter of Martin Michna. My g-g-grandfather's sister, Alzbeta Wiesner b. 1844 Frenstat, married Jan Michna b. 1828, son of Tomas Michna.

        I wonder if either of them connect with your line.

        Linda