special Appeal for a special little czech girl

  • FMikula@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2003
      Dear EGroup Czechers:

      We have here in Dallas a young mother and her 6 year old daughter from the Czech Repbulic. To protect their privacy, etc etc,, I am not going to reveal their names or town of origin, only will say  that the little girl's name is Katerina, or nicknames "Katka" or "Katchenka". Her mother calls her "katchenka" which means little duck or little duckling.

      Katka was born with severe craniofacial bone deformities. As I said, she is 6 and already has had 3 serious operations on her skull in Prague and 2 operations on her right foot. At least three more operations remain, that we know off. These are being done in Dallas by excellent surgeons thru the World Craniofacial Foundation.
      Tomorrow, Monday, March 31st Katchenka is having a 5 hour operation on the base of her skull to repair bone structure.

      On April 18th Katka will be 7 and she is really looking forward to that. Katka and her mother speak no english and know no one in Dallas. I am asking you a very simple thing .. if out of the kindness of your hearts you would send Katka a card or a note or if you have a child or a grandchild approximately Katka's age (6/7) send a little photo with a card or note ....
      encouragement and a little joy and fun is what this little one needs.

      I do not know how long this first hospital stay will be so I will ask you to send cards and notes etc to her at my address... just put

      Katerina
      c/o Mikula's
      7751 La Bolsa
      Dallas, TX 75248-4334

      Here is how our Czech Heritage Society has already helped. A friend of Katka's mother searched the internet for someone in Dallas who speaks czech who could help them out when they got here. This friend found my name on the CHS website and contacted me. I have been interpreting for them on doctor visits, hospital appointments and everything else. It is like the CHS and God have presented me, my  family, and the czech community an opportunity to do "dobrota" , do some good, for some fellow czechs who need not money or anything material, but language help, company, and emotional support. I know you guys out there will do it!

      Dekuju vam tici krat. I thank you a thousand times.

      Frank Mikula