Re: [TexasCzechs] Ermis

  • Susan Rektorik Henley
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 25, 2003
      Virginia,

      I have info on Ermis but am overwhelmed with farm problems right now. If Weldon can't help you, Janie Bucek might--if she is watching the list.

      If no response from either of them, please contact me privately in a week or so at srektorik@....

      The Texas lines of HERMES, HERMIS, ERMISl come from Moravia.

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 27, 2003
        Virginia,

        I couldn't find any information on Agnes Ermis Buzek in my
        files. She could be part of the Ermis family. Two Hermis brothers
        from Frane came to Moravia to help rebuilt the Hukvaldy Castle. One
        brother was an iron worker. The other brother was a stone cutter.
        The Ermis family from Hukvaldy and the surrounding villages began
        immigrataion to the United States in l866. She could be a part of
        this family. I will e-mail you Tom Hrncirik's e-mail address. He
        may have information on her. I attended the Ermis reunion in Moravia
        almost two years ago. The reunion was part of the Tom Hrncirik's
        tour.

        Janie Bucek