website

  • Michael or Diana Voytek
    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 5, 2003
      Probably you all know about this website. If not...

      http://www.iarelative.com/czech/
    • carolyn hammond
      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 17, 2006
        what is the link to the website, I cannot find it.
      • Cindy Neal
        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 17, 2006
          Message
          The CHS website?  It's www.czechheritage.org and thanks for asking :o)

          Cindy Neal
          Webmaster

          Message 4 of 22 , Nov 19, 2006
            I found this website: www.fooddownunder.com put in poppyseed in the search window on this site and it comes up with tons of recipes for poppyseed.  I remember my aunts would make these poppyseed kolaches and I didn't like them very much then,  they looked like coffeegrinds.  Ha! Ha!

            Diane
          • Doris Beseda
            Message 5 of 22 , Jun 3, 2007
              I am sure you have all seen this website but I just stumbled upon it and thought I would share it.

              www.rodclan.cz

              Doris Beseda

              Play free games, earn tickets, get cool prizes! Join Live Search Club.   Join Live Search Club!
            • Sir John
              Message 6 of 22 , Jun 3, 2007
                Wish is were in English.

                Sir John

                Doris Beseda <dbeseda@...> wrote:
                I am sure you have all seen this website but I just stumbled upon it and thought I would share it.

                www.rodclan. cz

                Doris Beseda

                Play free games, earn tickets, get cool prizes! Join Live Search Club.   Join Live Search Club!

                Sir John, Earl of Berkshire
              • Cindy Neal
                Message 7 of 22 , Jun 3, 2007
                  John, if you click on the "English Help" link by the US Flag, it will tell
                  you how to search the database if you don't speak Czech!

                  Cindy

                  ________________________________

                  I am sure you have all seen this website but I just stumbled upon it
                  and thought I would share it.

                  www.rodclan.cz <http://www.rodclan.cz/>

                  Doris Beseda

                  Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                  12:47 PM
                • Sir John

                    I am sure you have all seen this website but I just stumbled upon it
                    and thought I would share it.

                    www.rodclan.cz

                    Doris Beseda

                    Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                    12:47 PM

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                    <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                    <*> To change settings online go to:
                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                    <*> To change settings via email:
                    mailto:TexasCzechs-digest@yahoogroups.com
                    mailto:TexasCzechs-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    Sir John, Earl of Berkshire
                  • Sir John

                      Message 10 of 22 , Jun 3, 2007
                        I could roam the site but as soon as I clicked on the English Help my system hung.

                        Gilbert

                        ____________ _________ _________ __

                        http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/TexasCzech s/

                        http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/TexasCzech s/join

                      • livanec@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 22 , Jun 3, 2007
                          Click to the right of the flag.

                          See what's free at AOL.com.
                        • Cindy Neal
                          Message 12 of 22 , Jun 3, 2007
                            What it says is:

                            General Help - Surname Database

                            Welcome to Rod a Clan!  Our web site has a simple goal - to provide users who search for ancestors in the Czech Republic with genealogical information and links to other researchers who may be able to exchange data with you.

                            Since the Surname Database (Databáze Příjmení) does not have an English interface, here are some basic guidelines that should help English speaking folks get registered and add surnames to the database. I tried to provide step-by-step instructions to make it as easy as possible, but if you get stuck or see something that doesn't make sense, please send me an email.

                            Registration:

                            1) From the main page click on "registrace" to go to the registration page.

                            2) Enter the requested information:
                                Email - your email address where others can contact you
                                Jméno - Your first name
                                Príjmení - Your last name
                                Web - your genealogical web pages (if you have any, otherwise leave blank)
                                Ano, chci odebírat Emailový mesícník (you can select this checkbox to receive a list of new surnames added to the database each month)

                            3) Click on the "Zaregistrovat" button.

                            4) If you entered correct information (we try to validate email), you should see the message below. It says that your registration was successful and you shall receive your password via email. If you see anything else, your registration was not completed successfully, most likely because you entered invalid email.

                            Vaše registrace proběhla úspěšně. Za okamžik vám emailem pošleme heslo, které budete moci použít pro přihlášení na váš účet. Pokud byste do 24 hodin tuto email nedostali, napište nám do redakce a my registraci prověříme.

                            5) Upon receiving email from Rod & Clan with the subject line Rod & Clan - registrace, you have your password. It is a six-character string on the third line by itself (see sample message below with xxxxxx).

                            Dobrý den, gratulujeme vám k úspěšné registraci na genealogických stránkách Rod a Clan.
                            Vaše uživatelské heslo je:
                            xxxxxx

                            Login:

                            6) Go back to the main page and log in by entering your email and password into the fields on the top left side (Email: and Heslo:) and hitting Enter or clicking on the blue arrow. Be careful to enter your password correctly - some pesky characters like number zero/letter O or number one/lowercase L can look similar. The best bet is to copy the password from the email you received and paste it into the password field.

                            7) Once you are logged in, you should see a frame titled "Moje Data - Výpis vašich předků". This is a list of your surnames in the database (so far empty). If you don't see this title, login was not successful - most likely because you entered incorrect email or password.

                            Adding Surnames:

                            8) Assuming you are logged in, you have four links on the left-side panel. They do the following:
                            moje data - displays your surnames
                            kontaktní údaje - displays your contact information (name, email, web) and also allows you to change password
                            přidat příjmení - this lets you add surnames to the database
                            odhlásit - logout

                            9) So let's add some surnames. Click on the "přidat příjmení" link. It brings up a form asking for three pieces of information:
                            Příjmení - surname you want to add
                            Obec - place (village/town) where your ancestors were from; you can enter one or more village/city names here
                            Oblast - region (this is a drop-down list with Czech regions. If you are unsure what region to use, simply leave this field at the default setting Jiná oblast which means other region). If you want to find a specific region, there is a good interactive map of Czech regions and cities at Czech cities and villages.

                            With all information entered, click on the button "Přidat údaje", which will add the surname to the database.

                            10) If you did everything right, you should be looking at the page with your surnames and the one you just entered should be listed there. You can add more surnames following the same steps.

                            11) You can also edit or delete your existing surnames simply by clicking on the green links on the left side of your existing surnames. "UPRAVIT" means edit and "SMAZAT" means delete (to delete a surname, you have to click on SMAZAT and then confirm deletion on the next page by clicking on another SMAZAT again).

                            12) Just to make sure your names are listed in the database now, click on "nová příjmení" on the main page which lists names added in the past 30 days. Yours should be listed there.

                            By clicking on any surname you should be able to invoke an email to be sent to your address. Also if you entered your genealogical web site during the registration, there will be a blue icon next to the surname. Clicking on it will open your web pages. This feature is useful when you want to research genealogical information other users made available on their web sites.

                            Enjoy,

                            Honza Uher

                            Cindy Neal

                            Message 13 of 22 , Jun 4, 2007
                              I used the "English Help" to list my surnames. I printed out the
                              instructions and just followed them. They worked just the way it was
                              written. I DO wish I could read the main part of the site, but I think its
                              just a list of notes to tell what has been going on with the site like
                              outages, etc. I could make out some words.

                              Nan

                              > John, if you click on the "English Help" link by the US Flag, it will tell
                              > you how to search the database if you don't speak Czech!
                              >
                              > Cindy

                            • Nangotoo