Cz Baby Poem Help ????

  • rustygibson13 <rustygibson@txucom.net>
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2003
      When I was a kid. my grandmother use to sing this poem to all the
      babies circling her hand around their belly then at the end poking
      them in the belly button. I'm not sure about the spelling but it
      went something like this:

      Lesie,
      Lesie,
      Pusha,
      Lesie,
      Daya,
      Duka,
      Dupa,
      Lesie,

      Does any one know what it means?
    • Petr Exner
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 10, 2003

        Hi all

        It seems to me like a baby "guess what" poem. In czech it�s like that:

        "Leze leze po zeleze, neda pokoj az tam vleze." and next question "Co je to?"

        In English it�s somewhat like this: "Crepping, creeping along the iron, not give over til it will creep in there.""What is it?" I think that it�s pretty bad translation but the answer is The Key. And bellybutton was meant as a keyhole.

        Petr Exner, Hradec Kr�lov�, Czech Republic

         "rustygibson13 <rustygibson@...>" <rustygibson@...> wrote:

        When I was a kid. my grandmother use to sing this poem to all the
        babies circling her hand around their belly then at the end poking
        them in the belly button.  I'm not sure about the spelling but it
        went something like this:

        Lesie,
        Lesie,
        Pusha,
        Lesie,
        Daya,
        Duka,
        Dupa,
        Lesie,

        Does any one know what it means?

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • mdvoytek@totalaccess.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 10, 2003
          Sounds very similar to our American "Creep mouse, creep mouse, from the barn to
          the house, to GET the baby!" Maybe the cz poem was the precursor.

        • mdvoytek@totalaccess.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 10, 2003