Re: Obituary of Joel Svatek

  • Dennis Svatek <czechmelody@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2003
      This is a copy of the text for Joel's obituary that ran in the Austin
      american-Statesman on January 30. Just paints a little broader
      picture. He will be missed.

      Dennis Svatek

      Joel Scott Svatek, beloved son, brother, uncle, and friend, passed
      away Monday, January 27, 2003, taken away from us at the hands of a
      drunk driver.
      Joel was born November 25, 1969 in Wharton, Texas. He grew
      up in Boling, Hempstead, and Sealy, Texas where he attended Sealy
      High School. In 1988, Joel moved to Austin, where he has since
      resided.
      Joel was preceded in death by his stepfather, Donny Ward of
      Brazoria. He is survived by his mother, Katherine Ward of Irving;
      his father and step-mother, Dennis Svatek, Sr. and Joyce of Boling;
      brother, Dustin Svatek of Irving; brother and sister-in-law, Dennis
      (Jr.) and Marcie Svatek, niece Courtney and nephew Stephen of Taylor;
      half-sisters Christy and Melissa Svatek of Boling; numerous cousins,
      aunts and uncles; and hundreds of "brothers and sisters" in the
      Austin music community.
      A celebration of Joel's life will be held Friday, January 31
      at 2pm at Austin-Peel and Sons Funeral Hone, 607. E. Anderson Lane.
      There will be a visitation on Thursday, January 30 from 6-8pm.
      "Handsome" Joel was very much a part of the Austin music
      scene. He worked as a stage manager for Emo's and had been a part of
      several bands. Several tributes/benefits are being scheduled for the
      next few weeks, please check the Austin Chronicle or Emo's website
      for details.
      In keeping with Joel's spirit, he will be cremated, where he
      can be as free in death as he was in life. In lieu of flowers,
      donations may be made to the Sims Foundation, 2306 Lake Austin Blvd,
      Austin, Texas 78703.

      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Matt <lennonluv@h...>"
      <lennonluv@h...> wrote:
      > Obituary of Joel Svatek
      > Wharton Journal-Spectator Online
      >
      > Joel Svatek
      >
      > Funeral services for Joel Scott Svatek, 33, of Austin, were held
      > Friday at Peel & Sons Funeral Home in Austin.
      >
      > Mr. Svatek died Jan. 27, 2003, from injuries sustained in an
      > automobile accident. He was born Nov. 25, 1969.
      >
      > Survivors include mother, Katherine Ward of Dallas; father and step-
      > mother, Dennis and Joyce Svatek of Boling; brothers and sister-in-
      > law, Dennis and Marcy Svatek Jr. of Taylor and Dustin Svatek of
      > Dallas; half-sisters, Christy and Melissa Svatek of Wharton; niece
      > Courtney Svatek of Taylor; and nephew Stephen Svatek of Taylor;
      > numerous aunts, uncles and cousins in the Wharton area and numerous
      > friends in Austin.
      >
      > If desiring, memorials may be made to a charity of personal choice.
    • Brian Mabry
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2003
        Thanks for that. I've been to the place he worked several times but never met
        him. He made quite an impact and several news stories have aired about his
        untimely death.

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com