Re: OK, we'll stay

  • Matt <lennonluv@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2003
      I checked some of your husband's grandmother's sisters and find the
      spelling most used is Vavrecka.

      The site I used is:

      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~czech/birthindex.html

      Matt
    • John L. Mikeska
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 4, 2003
        Diana,

        Thanks for you consideration to stay with TexasCzechs.  I've just came on line and noticed your previous message and a members request asking you to stay.  Being one of the TexasCzechs helpers, I was afraid you had cancelled your membership and would not receive the list members request to stay.  I had not received this message, but saw it posted in the message archives.

        It's true the TexasCzech list may not be for everyone, but seems we may be for 95% of the people that join.  <G>  We are involve  genealogy in a 'big way', but still find we can socialize with each other with about half of the messages.  Stay with us and you may have happen to you that occurs to almost all of us once we began to post messages - you will find several distant, or not so distant, cousins in this group!

        As Mr. Kotrola commented in his message, you can go to you personal page of this group and set your email to 'Individual email', which you now have it set.  Your mail box will receive messages as they are posted.
                You can set to receive your mail in 'Digest Mode', which may be convenient to you if the number of messages you are receiving are too numerous.  The list will forward messages to you in 'one message' on (a) a daily basis (no attachments will be with any such messages having them) or (b) if more than 25 messages a day, the daily mail will consist of 25 messages each, with possibly more than one set per day.  OR (c), you can set your mail to 'NO Mail'.  In this manner, you will have to go to the message archive and read them online.

        If you wish to change way you receive your mail and have problems changing it, please let me know and I will change it for you.

        If there are other questions or answers, please post them to the list, or privately to me (at the present time <G> There are four helpers, two off line for a short time.)

        Suggest you view the Czech Heritage Society web page at http://www.czechheritage.org   Lot of Czech information, links worldwide, and may we interest you in joining the Czech Heritage Society?  Wonderful group!

        Sir John, Earl of Berkshire

        Sent: Saturday, January 04, 2003 11:07 PM
        Subject: [TexasCzechs] OK, we'll stay

        Sorry, I'm pretty much roadkill on the information highway. I can see you're a very supportive group! I'll try some of your suggestions. Meantime, here's us:

        Michael and Diana Voytek
        Taylor, TX

        Our hobbies are hunting, fishing (both salt and freshwater), camping, shooting.

        Michael's paternal grandparents were  Emil (?) and Julie Voytek. I believe the original spelling was Wojtec. They all come from Baytown/Highlands area in Texas. Julie's maiden name was Vavichka, or some-such spelling. Michael doesn't remember his Grandfather's name; he thinks it was Emil.
      • RICHARD KOTRLA
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 5, 2003
          Thanks  for stayingÂ…

          We are a HELPFUL group.

          I think of us as one big e-family.

          Richard Kotrla
          LaMarque, TX

        • Kathy (Dlabay) Makiewicz <makz3d@woh.rr.
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 5, 2003
            Michael,

            If you decide to just read the messages from the website then use
            this URL:

            This take you directly to the index of messages. Then click on the
            ones you want to read. The link will then turn from blue to red and
            you'll know which ones you've already read when you go to the index
            again. I use this URL almost every day instead of getting the
            emails.

            Kathy--Ohio

            --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Michael or Diana Voytek"