Kolaches

  • Nangotoo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2003
      For anyone who might be interested...for Christmas I made many different kinds of kolache fillings, but after I used about half of the can of Solo apricot filling, I realized that it wasn't going to stretch very far.  I opened a  lg.can of crushed pineapple (in its own juice) and put it in a colandar to drain completely...even used my clean hands to squeeze the juice out of it. I mixed it with the filling and put in a bit of cinnamon.  It cut some of the sweetness of the filling and everyone seemed to like it a lot.  It changed the apricot filling just enough that the two fillings tasted different from each other--another flavor variation.  I still love the cheese filling the best.

      Nan, who got very tired of making bite-sized Kolaches this Christmastime here in sunny San Diego, CA