Re: [TexasCzechs] "The Texas Sausage Circuit"

  • Nangotoo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2003
      Thank you for posting this.  I have made three copies of the article-one for my mom, one for me and one for my TX trip scrapbook.  When we were there this past June, we ate at the City Market at Luling twice and once at a bar-b-que (not mentioned) in Gonzales. Mom and I are allergic to pork (yeah, I know--but most of her family is-some Czech-Moravians we are, huh?) so we were able to enjoy the same wonderful all beef homemade sausage that we always did in our summer trips to Central TX a long time ago.  One sniff inside the old Luling City Market had my mouth watering.  My husband, on his first trip to Central TX, was in for a treat and we introduced him to the joys of that sausage and the brisket, the potato salad and pickles--all served on butcher paper. What heaven!  I've been on Weight Watchers ever since I've been home from that trip, but I have those memories.

      I made two huge batches of Kolaches for Christmas--still have a few left.  Made them bite-sized and found it harder than to make them full-sized.  Anyone ready to eat the their monitor screen yet?  :-)

      Thanks again for posting this.  Gosh, I'm hungry all of a sudden.

      Nan